It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megrahi demands £3000 a month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I was just looking at the Sun newspaper and saw this story.
www.thesun.co.uk...

A better source

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Most of the medicines he needs are expensive and we can't find them in Tripoli."

This scumbag is now demanding £3000 a month from the British tax payer to pay for his cancer drugs....LOL

The dude murdered hundreds of people, blagged our stupid politicians and got his freedom back. Got a heroes welcome when he arrived back in Libya.
He survived an additional 2 years despite being on the brink of death (allegedly) when he was released on compassionate grounds.

Im in no doubt our (UK) government will pay this to the family....they cant think of enough ways to waste our taxes!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I read the articles and I believe they are requesting and NOT demanding.

I know it's still sick, but they were never going to be in a position to demand. Also, they made the request to the Scottish Government.

It's not going to happen, that I am sure of. Sensationlist Journalism.

Not surprising it was the Sun and Daily Mail reporting this. Although I am sure if you look there would be a a few more papers reporting it, but not giving it so much column space.

If his drugs have been stolen, he won't be around much longer.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I hope the uk doesn't pay this - that money could be used to treat someone who deserves treatment.

When he got off that plane in Libya, our responsibility for his care should have stopped.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

The headline reads...

Lockerbie bomber [color=gold]begs Britain for cancer drugs two years after he was freed as a dying man.

Begs. Not Demands. Biiiiiiiiiiig difference.
edit on 30/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

We all know our government are morons.....we paid £650,000,000 to pakistan to build some more non existent schools not too long ago.

£3000 a month is nothing compared to that. He was released for bs reasons, i think there is more to this story than we are hearing. Why release a mass murderer?? He should have died in prison, he lost his human rights when he killed 220 people.

I dont imagine we will hear much more about this...but im sure he will still be alive in 6 months...which means someone has paid for his treatment. Our government is made up of idiots with personal agendas.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
grrr double post...and i didnt even hit reply twice!!

edit on 30-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Il use this to reply to Kryties

They are demanding abiraterone acetate.....they are begging for help.
edit on 30-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well for a start ,its well known that Megrahi was just the fall guy ,even the families who lost loves ones don't believe Megrahi did it or was involved anymore,and most of them don't believe it was committed by Libya after years of investigation.

Gaddafi was under great pressure to hand someone over for the crime ,he was alleged to have committed ,so he could have sanctions lifted ,Megrahi agreed to take the rap for the good of Libya.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Apparently, I heard that he had always promised to share the full details of what happened before he died. He is now in a coma with no medicine after his house was looted which is why his family are asking for help.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I agree that the U.K Government shouldn't be wasting money on countries that are not willing to haul themselves out of the dark ages, but it wasn't the U.K Government who made the decision to release him. It was the Scottish Parliament, on the advice of the Scottish Medical Council.

I believe there is more to this though than meets the eye.

Personally, I think B.P applied some pressure on behalf of the Libyan regime, which has been implied and denied by Alex Salmond, Scottish First Minister.

Megrahi knows what exactly went down on the Pan Am flight, and he had a large part to play in it, but what he knows and who else was involved will die along with him.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Well for a start ,its well known that Megrahi was just the fall guy ,even the families who lost loves ones don't believe Megrahi did it or was involved anymore,and most of them don't believe it was committed by Libya after years of investigation.

Gaddafi was under great pressure to hand someone over for the crime ,he was alleged to have committed ,so he could have sanctions lifted ,Megrahi agreed to take the rap for the good of Libya.

Want to add my two cents here. There are many of us who followed the investigation as it was ongoing. The investigators and prosecutors of this crime had their own agenda. They accepted a fall guy, knowing that he wasn't guilty. The facts are all out there to be found, but I'm not going to do it for anyone.

I'm just saying, try denying ignorance and doing a little investigating of your own before jumping on hate bandwagons. That's what this site is about....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

and i thought CNN Said he was near death? well thats another MSM Lie.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

thescotsman.scotsman.com...

Coma Job apparently..........think we are being told BS about this

top topics

join