It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Unbelievable Real Monsters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
25 Unbelievable (in the sense that they’re fake) Real Monsters

Holy Taco posted a nice collection of hoax photos for various creatures this morning, some of which you've probably seen here on ATS. I found the post entertaining, and I figured this would be right up your alley (given that you clicked into this post).

At one time or another, all of these photos were passed off as the real deal by someone claiming that they’d captured a real monster out in the wild. Some have been famously debunked wile others were so dumb no one cared to bother. Enjoy!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d79a1af2edd5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15c81e302c70.jpg[/atsimg]

So which hoax is your favorite? Got a confirmed hoax photo not on this list?

More after the jump, enjoy!

www.holytaco.com/25-unbelievable-in-the-sense-that-theyre-fa ke-real-monsters

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Has the Montuak Monster (one with the beak), been positively ID'ed as some animal or was it just a fake? I hadn't head that it was a proven hoax. Same goes for the Swamp Ape photo...though that one could be a let loose Orang.

edit on 29-8-2011 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There's a few there that have never been proven or even hinted at being fake. In fact, with the Patterson film image, the latest film analysis declared it to be real.
Some are cute and obvious, others....not so much

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Haha, this one was my favorite!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e661687ca396.jpg[/atsimg]
Would make a good Avatar.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yea I think a few of them are real. The dead dog like thing was real before it was shot. It was probably a coyote but nonetheless it was real. I believe the one horned goat was also a real picture and probably the one with the giant fish next to fishermen. Stranger things have been pulled out of the ocean.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Well the post claims all of these to be hoaxes. Would be nice if there was some citation of the debunking for sure.

reply to post by whyshouldI trustyou2619

Yeah, I dunno about the Patterson still. That movie I doubt will ever get a conclusive judgement as to if it was real or not, well, at least until someone bags a bigfoot that is. But I am pretty sure that if it was confirmed to be real, it would be a big deal (the discovery, not the video).

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Has the Montuak Monster (one with the beak), been positively ID'ed as some animal or was it just a fake? I hadn't head that it was a proven hoax. Same goes for the Swamp Ape photo...though that one could be a let loose Orang.

edit on 29-8-2011 by pavil because: (no reason given)

Montuak monster has been proven real/a hoax in that its like a seal or an otter or a beaver with all its hair/skin removed, it looks like that.. form my understand anyway

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Has anyone else noticed that the Montuak Monster looks like it is giving the photographer the middle finger? lol

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Bad source, some of those are real

No S&F for you

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

This one is real, don't listen to the debunkers.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have a book about many of the unexplained and mythology, and that dancing fairy picture with the little girl is within the topic in the book. If I remember correctly, the girl made the fairies out of corrugated cardboard and managed to hoax photos of herself "playing" with them. It's from like 1930 I think. The book debunks the entire fairy story.

I'll have to dig it out of storage someday and post what else it has, it's pretty fascinating.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Other then the Bigfoot/Patterson still, which of the others has not been debunked?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Did they debunk those classic lockness monster pics?

If they did I guess I need the links

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Don't think I saw this one on there:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9b2f0c700ad.jpg[/atsimg]

Also there's a ton of fake civil war thunderbird photos floating around the net, too many to post them all here but some of them are pretty decent fakes.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by underspace
reply to post by LadySkadi

Did they debunk those classic lockness monster pics?

If they did I guess I need the links

Yup the classic Lochness monster pics were debunked,

They had hired a Big gam ehunter to get pictures of it, he faked alot of evidence, then was found to have been faking it so he got a friend (or at least someone he new) who was a doctor to fake the balck and white classic picture..

(dont have a link, but watched a program on Disco about it not long ago) im only a few hours drive from the loch so always keep an interest in all things "Nessie"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Ah okay thanks for reply

I would like to look into that, so if you find a name lemme know

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The Patterson Bigfoot film has been proved to be real before. Discovery or NG did a show where they analyzed the spacing between the pelvis and knee and the knee and foot and there is no way it could have been a human. I think it was a documentary by Dr. Jeff Meldrum if I'm not mistaken, and they got a equivalent height guy that was well built and he couldn't replicate what the creature did.

I thought the famous nessy photo was an elephant trunk. I read that somewhere... Here's a link.

Nessy photo an elephant?

Pred...
edit on 30-8-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
lol some of those just look ridiculous
but I personally believe that unicorns, big foot, dragons, pixies/faeries all used to walk this earth before, and we will all be tripping balls when we see them again when the merge of the 4th and 5th dimension happens here on earth

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Was one of those supposed to be a giant squid? Because those are real. You know, I was convinced that Monty was a procyonid (raccoon) but I just found a bunch of stuff saying that it's Vulpes vulpes (red fox) based on dentition. I haven't seen the skull closely enough to know, of course.

As far as I've been concerned, the Nessie pic is a fake (there are a thousand posts on it in the index thread, posted in my signature). I don't think Patterson has been officially debunked... but it's hard to "officially debunk" anything when someone will always disagree with you. Again, more information in the index thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

This made me laugh so hard, I even had to save the picture.
haha.

top topics

join