It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Releases Findings of Unconstittuional Conditions at Miami-Dade Jail Facilities

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
double post
edit on 30-8-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: double post

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

It is a pointless crime and stupid. It's a joint, it's a piece of plant mixed with paper. Why should it be illegal?
As for the war on drugs spartan, that is absolutely pointless.
People should be allowed to smoke, shoot, sniff, what ever they want. It's their body, why should you tell them what they can or can't do with it. As for the faces on families when their loved ones OD, it's the person who OD's fault. Not anyone else, it's his or her fault.

The war on drugs can be solved by simply making drugs legal.
edit on 30-8-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Won't be much longer before we start seeing prison operation transferring to the private sector... Think it's bad now, wait until prisons are run for profit. We are already seeing the beginnings of this trend. Prisons for Profit, PBS 2008

edit on 30-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
reply to post by billy197300

It is a pointless crime and stupid. It's a joint, it's a piece of plant mixed with paper. Why should it be illegal?

Once again, I am not saying it should not be legal. I think it should. The fact is, it's not. And people know that. People also know if you break the law you go to jail. So, they purposely put their self in jail knowing they were breaking the law. I have no sympathy and cant understand how they can honestly complain about the conditions in a jail when they put their own self there. It is common knowledge jail is not a vacation, it's a bad place....they knew that when they broke the law. It's like having unprotected sex and then being upset because you got someone pregnant. It just doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

'Unconstitutional Conditions' - interesting turn-around coming from them at a time when the Constitution is being completely ignored and discarded.

Could it be veiled message to certain criminals? Ah well, I guess they say hope springs eternal.

That it is indeed.

I've noticed a very interesting trend lately when it comes to the Government.

It would seem they're actually doing their job more aggressively lately.

The paradigm is shifting in many different ways.

And not in the way very many people in the conspiracy theory community is seeing.

There have been quite a few reports this last couple of months saying that the counter move against the psychopathocracy is now beginning. I even heard a recording of an interview with an anonymous 'insider' saying that the Judiciary was being quitely retrained in constitutional law. Who knows - disinfo is rife, but when I saw this article it did make me wonder. I've read of a handful of surprising judgements of late.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I guess we need to reiterate that this is a JAIL not a prison.

The vast majority of inmates have not been convicted/sentenced to anything yet.

Miami-Dade statistics

As of August 29,2011 out of 6155 prisoners, 4529 HAVE NOT BEEN SENTENCED, unfortunately the jail does not break down the statistic further into convicted and waiting for sentencing and pre-trial prisoners.

In reading some other articles however, one of the goals of this (and I am sure the majority) of JAILS is to get sentenced prisoners out of jail and into prison as quickly as possible.

So while some of the posters here seem to be out for blood, and think everybody in the JAIL is sub-human, the fact of the matter is that most of them are still presumed innocent and simply cannot afford bail while awaiting trial. I hope you know you can go to JAIL simply because an officer is having a bad day and decided to arrest you for something as vague as "disorderly conduct" and you would sit in that JAIL until your bond hearing. If you cannot afford the bond you will sit in JAIL until the outcome of your case.

Am I getting through?...DO you understand the difference between PRISON AND JAIL yet?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
what you have to keep in mind is that they are investigating it because it happened in a city and not the federal government. The "constitutional right" was probably not something related to freedom of speech or right to bare arms

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

YOU sound ignorant and naive as hell, so stop criticizing the other guy.
When he says people who are getting high aren't a crime, it isn't.
But when someone drives drunk, then it's a crime. You are missing his point 100% and I can smell your flaunty know it all attitude from here. It stinks.

People who are in Jail deserve to be in Jail, however the odd time when it's a pity crime like selling pot, or being arrested for smoking in a park, that is just dumb. Most criminals in jail shouldn't be treated well. They need the basic humany neccisities (shelter, sleep, food, water.) but that's it. Also not to be beaten as well, but other then that nope.
edit on 30-8-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

Well, the nice thing about all of this is I don't have to give a damn, about your thoughts.

I said what I said was not an attack.

Possessing intoxicants like marijuana is illegal.

Not sure what a "pity crime" is though.

Unless you meant petty crime.

Whether I agree or disagree with it being legal or not is beside the point.

The law of the land says possessing a certain amount is illegal.

In the end I've suggested to many people to actually try changing the laws.

Because flaunting the law does nothing except make you a target.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

It is hard to read, I got many stars that means more than just me think this. I am a graphic designer. Magazines, essays, newspapers, etc. are all set in a way that they are easy to read to people. This comes down to a science about how the brain processes information and groups things together.

What does common sense have to do with something being hard to read? Seriously...seems like you need to get some.

Off topic.

Move on.

Adapt or don't read it.

Thanks for stopping by though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join