It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiki-False Flag: Federal Grand Jury now using Wikileaks to shut down the free internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/451e86153482.jpg[/atsimg]

Whether or not you believe that Wikileaks and Julian Assange are functionaries of Washington’s sophisticated intelligence web, what is clearly undeniable is that the existence of the document dumping site is being used by the State to end internet privacy, and place restrictions on free speech, availability of public domain information, and to legally prosecute users of certain websites.

Presently, the United States is conducting its own secret Grand Jury investigation into Julian Assange and WikiLeaks. At the centre of Washington’s effort is the targeting of WikiLeaks’ DNS host, Dynadot, based in California. With this case, the US Government is hoping to rewrite the current rulebook regarding freedom on internet.
21stcenturywire.com...
PATRIOT ACT

I guess we kinda saw this one coming. They have wanted to clamp down on the internet for a long time now and wikileaks seems to have seriously sped up this process. With Obama wanting to introduce internet ID's Obama internet ID's I am starting to see a bit of a problem. What is mostly worrying about this is an end to internet anonymity if it is put through, sites like ATS will be done for. A main point for the case is to redefine espionage:

With the backing of a Federal Court order, Washington soon hopes to gain the right to ‘legally’ sequester confidential user information including subscriber names, user names, screen names, mailing addresses, residential addresses, business addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, temporary IP addresses and credit card payment and billing details.

The legal and academic basis for this case revolves around the state’s attempt to redefine the term espionage in relation to the content uploaded on to Wikileaks site. Washington’s redefinition of this particular word is catered to suit to the every-increasing appetite of the encroaching new police state. According to Websters dictionary, es·pi·o·nage is defined as follows:

1. the act or practice of spying.
2. the use of spies by a government to discover the military and political secrets of other nations.
3. the use of spies by a corporation or the like to acquire the plans, technical knowledge, etc., of a competitor: industrial espionage.

Attempting to prosecute any website who might be displaying so-called ’leaked’ material online under the umbrella term espionage may seem like a legal and intellectual stretch, but for a US Federal Government that has hung its hat for the last 10 years on Stasi-style laws like the Patriot Acts I & II, stretching the definition of a single word is merely a routine legal exercise.
21stcenturywire.com...

Here is what was released and demanded in the order. Although the demands are pretty outrageous, I guess they have to aim high.

U.S. espionage investigation against WikiLeaks: Patriot Act order unsealed

The Order demands Dynadot handover the following information for the time period November 1st 2009 to present, within three days of the date of the Order:

1. Subscriber names, user names, screen names, or other identities;

2. mailing addresses, residential addresses, business addresses, e-mail addresses, and other contact information;

3. connection records, or record of session times and durations;

4. length of service (including start date) and typos of service utilized;

5. telephone or instrument number or other subscriber number or identity; including any temporarily assigned network address; and

6. means and source of payment for such service (including any credit card or bank account number) and billing records.

Also:
1. records of user activity for any connections made to or from the Account

2. non-content information associated with the contents of any communication or file stored by or for the account(s), such as the source and destination email addresses and IP addresses.

3. Correspondence and notes of records related to the account. rabble.ca...

I am not personally convinced that wikileaks is a CIA psy-op or anything like that, although I will certainly admit it's helped TPTB focus their laser beams directly at the internet. While I do not think they will be able to actually get away with this plan I do think it will be an interesting attempt. I can see some people greeting it with open arms, especially with all the press surrounding anonymous and vicious internet hacking cartels.

edit on 29-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Wikileaks just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. This would have happened eventually as the internet was never meant to be for us peons. TPTb would have found some reason as silly or sillier than this one to shut the net down, or make it increasingly difficult to retain anonymity.

Frak the government, I say, who needs 'em? Worthless louts can't do a bloody thing that's right for the country or humanity in general.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I guess the question on a lot of peoples minds is whether wikileaks was something that they implemented in order to further their agenda, or whether it popped up and they just happened to take advantage of the security measures they could say they needed to put in place because of it.

I also believe this would have popped up eventually, but I also feel that it is an infringement on peoples rights to censor the internet and monitor people on it, especially to have a database of who is posting what. Free speech still applies to the internet and people should be able to speak anonymously and freely too. While they are louts and sponges who need to fall into the hottest pits of hell we still have to deal with them for the time being, and I am certainly not going to let them take away my internet anonymity, that is for me to carelessly maintain!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
funny isnt that actual data kept in a bunker server place in switzerland. a nuclear fortified one lol
reply to post by sir_slide

exactly wikileaks is nothing.
just something someone needs to get mad at blame a big problem on it
call for a solution

edit on 29-8-2011 by P-M-H because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

I believe it's in Sweden, it's a pretty cool looking place. I think the order is more about obtaining user data from the states but I could be wrong. Here is a look:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4d1e1b234eb.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75d4cfd27a49.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well if the order is passed it will allow for legal precedent. It starts with WikiLeaks today, and who knows where it ends.

Not trying to exaggerate or be an alarmist, but at what point do we stop our Governments from telling us what we can and can't post online? Is it when they are completely censoring our writings or is it the day they kill the internet in general?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Julian doesnt even speak aussie.... he was never australian... and YES he works for US-Izraeli gov.... even moron seen it comming.... Alex Jones too

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

If by Aussie you mean Australian bogan then yes, you are correct, he does not speak it. Although he does speak English, and very well at that. The reason he does not speak "Aussie" is because he is educated and is not a bogan from Queensland.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
double
edit on 29-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If this in fact happens and we have to register or give information.Then no more internet for me..Looks like we better start collecting books.

top topics

join