It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Who here likes White People?"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever seen any white people. The guy in Powder, he was damn close to white, but he was just annoying until he showed up in The Boondock Saints.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

As this thread is already in the hoax bin I figured I would offer a little off topic heads up...

The only part of the story you quoted that was remotely correct was that a kid shot himself (actually, two kids shot themselves but only one was a successful suicide.)

The band was Judas Priest and the supposed subliminal message was "do it" on their remake of the Spooky Tooth song "Better by you, better than me" from the album Stained Class.

In the summer of 1990, the band was involved in a civil action that alleged they were responsible for the self-inflicted gunshot wounds in 1985 of 20-year-old James Vance and 18-year-old Raymond Belknap in Sparks, Nevada, USA. On 23 December 1985, Vance and Belknap, after hours of drinking beer, smoking marijuana and allegedly listening to Judas Priest music, went to a playground at a church in Sparks with a 12-gauge shotgun to end their lives. Belknap was the first to place the shotgun under his chin. He died instantly after pulling the trigger. Vance was the next to follow suit but only blew away the lower half of his face. This was possibly because the weapon was slippery with blood.

The men's parents and their legal team alleged that a subliminal message of "do it" had been included in the Judas Priest song "Better By You, Better Than Me" from the Stained Class album (actually a cover of a Spooky Tooth number). They alleged the command in the song triggered the suicide attempt. The trial lasted from 16 July to 24 August 1990, when the suit was dismissed. One of the defense witnesses, Dr. Timothy E. Moore, wrote an article for Skeptical Inquirer chronicling the trial.

The trial was covered in the 1991 documentary Dream Deceivers: The Story Behind James Vance Vs. Judas Priest. In the documentary, Halford commented that if they wanted to insert subliminal commands in their music, killing their fans would be counterproductive and they would prefer to insert the command "Buy more of our records." Regarding the plaintiff's assertions that the statement "do it" was a command to commit suicide, Halford pointed out "do it" had no direct message.

Subliminal message trial

Not trying to smash on anyone, just keeping the story straight.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I for one , really hate da white folks cus they be stupid and ugly . kill all of the white people ,

edit on 23/6/12 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/6/12 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
sometimes these extreme parties are fakes set up by another party to make themselves look good in comparison

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join