It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That obnoxious neighbor...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Seeing conspiracies everywhere all started with this weird neighbor of mine.

I never liked that kind of individual. Pompous and full of himself. Every time I get on the street, there he is, looking at me, with that demented look in his eyes. I get busy in the backyard and there he is again, watching me through the small openings in the fence. I never liked that kind of focused stare. Being the shy type, I always pretend like I am not seeing him but his behavior does make me extremely paranoid.

He doesn’t seem to be mean though, just annoying. I understand that he enjoys being with his family, he always seems to be happy when he’s surrounded by his siblings. I never liked that kind of hypocrisy. He seems like a clean dude, smells good, looks good yet he can get pretty ugly, especially when strangers happen to cross through his property. I wonder what he’s hiding in his backyard. He doesn’t even tolerate kids playing hide and seek in there. He protects it like there’s a treasure buried somewhere. If I wasn’t so intimidated by him, I would sneak in and look around. I never liked that kind of secrecy.

Not once has he tried to make contact. Not once has he said “Hello”. He just looks at me, with this strange look, as in every morning when he gets the paper on the front porch. He looks at me, grabs the paper and back inside he goes. I never liked that kind of attitude.

And what’s with this sitting outside in bad weather? Doesn’t he have anything else better to do when it rains? That's not normal ! If only I could muster enough courage. I would cross that fence at night and look around. Maybe there are corpses buried in there. Maybe he’s a psychopath.

I’ll find out. I’ll go through his garbage. I’ve done that before. I’ll find clues. I’ll find out who he is. I’ll find out why he seems to have a better life than I do. I’ll find out what he’s hiding in his backyard. I’ll find out. I never liked that kind of bully...stupid dog... I tell you...if only I wasn’t a cat !

___________________________________________________________________________________________

ETA: This story came along as I was sitting there, one night, bored and started to think "What if animals saw conspiracies in their world...how would conspiracies look like through...the eyes of a cat...for example. And so this story was born...

edit on 28-8-2011 by SonoftheSun because: where the story came from...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Meow...Kitty I think we share the same neighbor! I was telling my husband all winter, it is not normal he sits outside on that little porch in the cold and he is there no matter how early I go out to dump the trash or how late. He has never mowed the weeds and he is young and healthy looking. The shades have been down on the house windows for 2 years straight....hummmm... Wish I was a Kitty I would go over that fence and check out this weirdo.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Reminds me of a Tom Waits song

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
hmmm..does he think you just stare at him?

maybe he wonders why you never say hello, and you're always poking around in the back trying to look through the fence?

Maybe he knows someone has gone through his garbage?

I think you're being paranoid, and you don't sound like your exactly friendly to him either...and the simple fact that you want to break into his backyard ..look through his garbage..makes you seem more psychopathic than him.

By the way..some people love rain , and like to sit outside and watch..where they can't get wet.

Why don't you try and nice smile and a hello next time you seem him picking up his paper?.. or.. is there another side to this story we aren't getting to hear?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

This story came along as I was sitting there, one night, bored and started to think "What if animals saw conspiracies...how would conspiracies look like through the eyes of a cat...for example. And so this story was born...

I'll add it to the OP to clear things up.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

This story came along as I was sitting there, one night, bored and started to think "What if animals saw conspiracies...how would conspiracies look like through the eyes of a cat...for example. And so this story was born...

oh GEEEZ..I feel like a number 1 tool..I didn't even see that it was in the short story section...

The worst part of this mistake is I've done it once before about something in jokes and puns...

good grief ..(facepalm)

By all means if this is the beginning of a short story..it has potential..

(K..I'm just gonna slowly back out of this thread now..with as much dignity as I can muster up ...and remind myself how I need to double check forum entry before inserting foot in mouth)
edit on 28-8-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I didn't notice the "short stories" section either.
It was very good.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

oh GEEEZ..I feel like a number 1 tool..I didn't even see that it was in the short story section...

The worst part of this mistake is I've done it once before about something in jokes and puns...

good grief ..(facepalm)

By all means if this is the beginning of a short story..it has potential..

(K..I'm just gonna slowly back out of this thread now..with as much dignity as I can muster up ...and remind myself how I need to double check forum entry before inserting foot in mouth)
edit on 28-8-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Plus he is a Kitty Cat in the story lol :-)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

yes..writing a story from a cats perspective is definitely cool

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

yes..writing a story from a cats perspective is definitely cool

I have four cats (love cats) and they are mysterious animals...I often wonder what goes on in their heads...

The way they act at times...I mean...it's a conspiracy...I'm telling you !!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

The way they act at times...I mean...it's a conspiracy...I'm telling you !!!

It very well could be
Very imaginative ..please finish the story...now you have me all cat curious.

new topics

top topics

join