It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my skin color darkening?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have a question to ATS members. Growing up my father always had a olive skin tone and my mother has pale white skin. My eldest sister and twin sister inherited my father's olive skin tone and my youngest sister and myself inherited my pale mother's skin tone. Since I have been working out or exercising during the Summer. My skin has started to darken like my fathers. At first I thought it was a tan but I didn't return to my normal paleness when I became sick. A few months ago I became really sick after passing out from intense sports I was doing with my brother in law. Being in the hospital over night I got a chance to ask my doctor why my skin was getting darker or started to look like my fathers? She replied it's normal for people who work outside a lot. She then asked me about my father. Did he always have a dark complexion? I replied no! Because when he was younger he always worked outside. He had a lighter skin color before having it darken. She replied "That's is why you and your father have an olive complexion. Even though both of you were born with light skin." My question to ATS members do you agree with my doctor? It seems to make perfect sense to me. Please reply!
edit on 28-8-2011 by ManOfGod267 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
dude its a tan...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

How long of a period are we talking about?
I have light skin..auburn hair green eyes. I always have tanned easily unlike most fair skined people I don't burn, but this summer suddenly my skin has turned really dark, my skin that is exposed to the sun. When my daughter saw me she could not believe how dark I am and I was only in the sun a little as we live on the coast and it is foggy and cloudy a lot as usual.
I was afraid it was something to do with the increased radiation levels. My darkness does not lighten when i am out of the sun for days. This something new for me. My olive skinned husband is unaffected.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Do you know your family tree? You might have some ancestors coming from Africa and some recessive traits are showing a little bit now.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Troll thread

That would be like making a thread like why does my man parts get bigger when I see nude females? Is there something wrong with me? My dad says it happens to him, my doctor says its normal

Sorry OP but I think your answer is obvious

I work outside and I get so brown in the summer its not funny.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I would like to say about five years. Being from Northern California I join a gym during the Winter because it rains non-stop. But I wouldn't think it would take five summers to darken my skin color. Would it?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sounds like a tan to me!
Stay indoors and it will
go away if you don't like it

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I'm not trolling. Just curious if others with light skin have experienced what I'm talking about. I have been tanned and sun burned so many times in my life. That after awhile I return to my normal paleness.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

There's no problem with the tan. In fact I notice many beautiful girls like it better then pale skin. But I have notice it last longer then my others. Just kinda confused about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I believe your skin is finally darkening only because you got more sun. It probably takes you longer to loose your tan than it does someone with more of an English ancestry. Myself can hold a tan for more than a year because my father is from Spain. He has a real dark complexion but under his shirt where he never gets sun he is pretty pale.

This is what I believe is happening to you.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

It sounds like it. Many of my relatives come from different parts of the globe. You never know!
Second line needed.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I believe your skin is finally darkening only because you got more sun. It probably takes you longer to loose your tan than it does someone with more of an English ancestry. Myself can hold a tan for more than a year because my father is from Spain. He has a real dark complexion but under his shirt where he never gets sun he is pretty pale.

This is what I believe is happening to you.

But what the OP is saying I believe, is that over the years we all know how we tan and how long for the tan to go away and year after year she has tanned at different times and always become white again when winter and out of the sun...like me...but now for some reason she is no longer losing the tan and is staying brown...that is not normal I don't think.
The only reason for such a change would be I would think ...getting more sun or tanning rays then you think you are. Or you are taking a vitamin that browns you, there are several that can darken the skin can't remember which, or eating more of a food like carrots that can change the skin color.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Our skin colour is depend on our blood circulation. Variation in natural skin colour is mainly due to genetics. Sun burns are also affected on our skin, so when you go out of home you need suns cream lotion to prevent skin problems.

top topics

join