It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Love Peace, Become a "Blue Republican" (Just for a Year)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Huffington Post

Seriously, this is from the Huff Post.

If you are a Democrat, and you sit tight and vote Democrat again "because you've always been a Democrat" or because you think that some group with which you identity will benefit more from Democrat programs than a Republican one, then that is up to you, and I wish you well. But don't you dare pretend that you are motivated primarily by peace, civil rights or a government that treats people equally.

That Ron Paul, who has been standing up for these principles quietly for half a lifetime, happens to be a member of the Republican party is a lot less important than the principles that we should be voting on. The fact that he is not a party guy should be obvious from his extensive differences in policy from his party and the fact that many think, given his views, he should not run as a Republican at all.

As Dr. Paul often points out, however, we live in a country with a corrupt political party duopoly... and the system is stacked against anyone who would run outside the two party system. So he's doing what he has to do. And so should we as Americans who love peace and freedom. It really isn't complicated.

Just....WOW! Someone from the Huffington Post is advocating Ron Paul.

Am I in Bizarro world? I didn't know this was possible, a Democrat advocating voting for a Republican is odd enough but Ron Paul? Did I say WOW already?

I'm gonna say something I never thought I would - I agree wholeheartedly with this article, from the Huff Post. It seems Ron Paul IS making headway, and for all those who say he is unelectable, well, you might want to rethink that.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Unpossible! A Democrat that thinks ending our perpetual wars against, and murders of, the citizens of sovereign nations is a higher priority than our government taxing and spending us into oblivion? Never thought I'd see the day.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Dude, he's telling Dems to register GOP! How bizarre is that?

Now, I know that the Republican party stinks to many Democrats and Independents who care about social justice and civil rights, but we all need to be smart and play the system to get the political outcomes we seek: you don't have to like a party or even identify with it to sign up as a Republican for a year to help make sure that the Republican primaries are won by the one representative who has always been for peace, has always voted against bailouts, and has always opposed the reach of government into your bedroom, your relationships and your person.

I'm experiencing a little shock right now as I never, ever expected to see a article like this. He's so right, too, as I don't identify with either of the parties but I re-registered this week as a GOP so I could vote in the primary for RP. Made me throw up in my mouth a little but it's for the betterment of our country so I sucked it up.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I think that many people have awoken to the duopoly. Every election cycle, I change my voter registration, just for grins and giggles.

But I research the candidates and regardless of party affiliation, I vote for the one that makes the most sense to me. There are conservative democrats and progressive republicans out there after.

But they must display not just common sense, but rational thought as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You are a anomaly. Exception to the rule. Let's hope those who aren't can listen to a article like this one and maybe we have a chance with this election. We probably don't as I'd bet the machines are still rigged and that whoever TPTB want will get elected but I still feel the need to at least try and get a guy like Ron Paul in there. Who knows if he can do what he wants to but we have to go against all the idiocy that's happened in Washington these last few decades(centuries?).

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Ron Paul is making some waves this election cycle, even more so than before. To such an extent that the media HAS to pay attention to him.

The rest to me, just seem to be new faces on the same old game. Cookie cutter politicians.

I have hopped off the fence concerning RP and at the moment, support him, but I am still leaning on it. We still have a ways to go to the Primaries. If the primaries were held today, I would vote for him though.

I'm wondering though, could this be subtler tactic similar to when Rush Limbaugh urged people to vote for Hillary Clinton during the Democratic primaries...just to muddy up the waters?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Or could the democrats be trying this tactic to split the conservative vote as a last ditch effort to keep obama from being thrown out? All signs are pointing to obama going down in 2012. So-called "progressives" will do anything to keep this from happening to their "messiah" - including taking it in the shorts one time by voting Republican for what many see as an unlikely to win fringe candidate no matter how much you may agree with Paul's policies.

This is my theory anyway, since we all know a donkey can't change its stripes ...

edit on 8/28/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think that's exactly what it is. They want Ron Paul to be the nomination so Obama can attack his radical Ideals. Paul gives them more to work with than Romney or Perry do.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

For TDawg also,

I don't have that "political" gene in my body so I can't think devious like you guys have. It could be what you say but hey, it might also be what it seems. At this point the truth is so murky no one knows what's really a going on anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Radical ideas, huh? Ok, whatever, I already know I shouldn't feed trolls but I'm going against my sounder judgment. RP would wipe the floor with Obama, IMHO, in a debate.

All he really has to say is "Look at what Obama has done" and it should be a no-brainer. At this point I'd take the untrained monkey with the yes/no buttons over Obama, at least he'd get it half right. Can't say that for administrations dating back to I-don't-know-when.

You can go right on ahead hating RP, and don't blow smoke about how much you like him and what not. You ain't a fooling me. Why you have this thing against freedom is beyond me and the outright hatred of RP is quite astounding. Your sole purpose seems to be spreading hatred, ill-will and lies about RP. Have fun with your corporate controlled fascist government that you want so much. It's worked so well in the past, hasn't it?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was pleasantly surprised to find this thread here today. I had thought that there was a thread here previously about Blue Republicans (For a Year)!? Perhaps I'm wrong--I go to so many online sites that I sometimes have trouble remembering where I saw certain information. I do know that they now have a facebook page. Here's that link for anyone interested:

www.facebook.com...

In addition, here's a youtube video of a Blue Republican, endorsing Ron Paul:

I'm not a Blue Republican, but I do love peace...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think it's great. It is at the nomination level that the GOP has gone bonkers.
I am ready to flip parties but am not giving up my GOP primary voting rights (closed state).
The more Dems who flip the switch and go GOP the better. At least will end up with some sane(r) choices.

I would go all in for Ron Paul myself. But I would also like to vote against some GOPers who just don't get it and who I believe have no business representing my country, state, district, or myself.

DEMS: please switch your registration to GOP for sake of primaries.
GOPers who are fed up: stay to vote in the primaries.

Unregistered, register GOP.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

How would this split the conservative vote?
Just going by the way "conservatives" even react to the source, I cannot fathom it was aimed at them. I am probably missing something.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just think how many Dumbocrats are choking on the idea of voting for Zero again. Ron Paul is the perfect candidate and exactly what America needs now to restore our freedom.

Another term of Obama and we are lost forever. There will be no return from rule by the communist elite who have created the ultimate nanny state for the spineless.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, that is ridiculous, expat, but as a liberal democrat I can tell you that I most certainly will be voting the republican primary ballot so that I can help Ron Paul. You see, as a liberal democrat I love peace and freedom, and none of the other republican candidates are offering either of those two things, but God bless him, Ron Paul is.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Do you know what the difference is between a Republican and a Democrat? The difference is who their funneling the money to....either a Buddy of the GOP or a Buddy of the DEM's. It's a joke!

When I see people fighting between each other over which political party they support....it reminds me of a man who is about to be executed choosing between which color rifle will be used to shoot him. OH! I like the dark grey steel color as apposed to the silver colored Nickle Plated rifle!

What a joke! The really sad part is that some people actually believe that one party is any better than the other. The GOP haters sight them as being supporters of the rich and the Haters of anything that is the Democratic party...believe that they and their Union Buddies and the Lazy poor....are conspiring to steal their $35,000 a year job!

Both sides supporters are beyond stupid! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
spltting the vote as in ralph nader and ross perot and pssibly ron paul.

take enough votes away from the the republicans so that obama will win.

the huffington post is a liberal trash website they are playing chess and the sheep play checkers.

see through the bs as one poster already has.

and now this one as well.
edit on 28-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

the huffington post is a liberal trash website they are playing chess and the sheep play checkers.

That still does not make any sense. How does a liberal blog get liberals to split the Republican ticket?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Let me preface this by saying I wouldn't be surprised if it is what you say. Our two parties are so full of crap it's ridiculous and underhanded means are totally the way they work.

BUT, I re-read the article and I feel this is on the up and up. Just the way the article is written makes me think he's genuine.

I very well could be wrong, we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by neo96

That still does not make any sense. How does a liberal blog get liberals to split the Republican ticket?

You're seriously asking this question? Because it is quite naive if you are.

Exactly who do you think could ask democrats to do something like this that democrats would likely be paying attention to? You think democrats would more likely get the message if it was sent out on Fox News or HuffPo?

Seriously ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join