It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group to Air Ad Attacking Kerry's 1971 Testimony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The anti-Kerry Swift Boat Veterans for Truth announced that they would be running another add atacking Kerry's 1971 testimony about war crimes and atrocities. The Kerry campaign has started fighting back with adds of thier own and filing complaints with the election commision and lawsuits.

story.news.yahoo.com< br /> The fight over Vietnam and valor consumed the presidential campaign yesterday, as a group of veterans accused John F. Kerry of betraying fellow soldiers and dishonoring the country when he became a leader of the antiwar movement upon his return, and Democrats launched a new counteroffensive.

A new ad by the anti-Kerry group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth condemns the Democratic nominee for making allegations of war crimes and atrocities committed by American soldiers. "It hurt me more than any physical wounds I had," a Vietnam veteran says in the ad about Kerry's highly publicized testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971.

With polls showing attacks on Kerry's war record reaching large numbers of voters and resonating with many independents and veterans, the Democratic National Committee (news - web sites) defended Kerry with a new ad, featuring retired Air Force Gen. Merrill A. McPeak -- a Bush supporter in 2000. "John Kerry (news - web sites) has the strength and common sense we need in a commander in chief," McPeak says in the ad. Kerry will try to shift the focus back to President Bush (news - web sites) with an ad that will be unveiled tomorrow, a top aide said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Kerry's own campaign has opened this Pandoras box by touting his war record at every turn. This invited closer scrutiny by everyone. He has already admitted that his assertion that he was in Cambodia were false. It stands to reason that his other claims should be scrutinized as well. He is trying very hard to link the Swift Boat group to the Bush campaign and we will see were that trail leads. But I wonder how is this group any different than say Moveon.org?

[edit on 21-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Like George W. Bush, John Kerry came from wealth and privilege and got an Ivy League education at Yale. You may not agree with John Kerry�s politics, and you may not hold his character in high regard. I agree he�s not the perfect candidate. But, unlike George W. Bush, John Kerry did not use his family�s influence to avoid service on the front lines in Vietnam.

During the Vietnam conflict George W. Bush served in the Texas Air National Guard. Back in 1968 there were long waiting lists of people trying to get into the National Guard. By some stroke of luck, however, George W. Bush jumped to the front of the line. He endured five weeks of basic training, and then became a second lieutenant, despite the fact that he met none of the qualifications. He later trained on old fighter planes that were being mothballed, and finally went on to Florida where he worked for the political campaign of a friend of his father�s.

So far, all I�ve heard from the officers that G.W. Bush served with is that no one seems to recall even seeing him for much of the time. Does anyone have any pictures of the "officers of his unit"? How many Purple Hearts did G.W. Bush receive? How many Bronze Stars? How about Silver Stars?

Not every veteran is a war monger. Here�s a letter written by the Veterans Against the Iraq War:

www.vaiw.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.vaiw.org...

The claim that John Kerry is unfit to be President is being made by men who did not even serve with him in Vietnam. And these claims are clearly contradicted by the crewmen who were in fact there in the Swift boat with him. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are seeking anything but the truth. Their smear campaign is funded by the Texas Republican John O�Neil, who has had an axe to grind with Kerry since the early �70�s. These veterans of Vietnam have been silent for 35 years as Kerry rose in the ranks of the Democratic Party. Many of them even supported him as recently as a year ago. It�s odd to me that 35 years later, when Kerry is a candidate for President and John O�Neil is running a smear campaign against him, funded by hundreds of thousands of Republican dollars, that these folks would suddenly come out of the woodwork and make this an issue. It doesn�t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Bush campaign is fully behind this.

www.interventionmag.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.interventionmag.com...

Here�s a more objective assessment of John Kerry�s service in Vietnam:
ask.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> ask.yahoo.com...

I have a feeling that when the truth is finally revealed, it will backfire on the Bush campaign and show it for what it really is: a dirty, mudslinging tactic attempted by a lying, deceitful, self-serving administration.

On this issue, Kerry volunteered for service in Vietnam; Bush didn�t. That makes it Kerry �One�, Bush �Zip�. No matter how you slice it �

new topics

join