It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCHING LIVE : Hurricane Irene in NYC Timesquare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I was reading the CNN live blog when I came across this comment by 'dewey':

CNN stop with the Hyperbole already. Yesterday you have some clown in Va Beach in a parka and goggles talking about how bad the weather is as he dramatically leans into the wind; when from behind him two guys in shorts and flip flops saunter by drinking a beer and hamming it up for the camera.
August 28, 2011 at 9:00 am

Does a nice job of pointing out the ridiculous sensationalism of CNN with the 24-hour reporting of this 'unprecedented category 1 hurricane'.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Im on Long Island in West Islip, NY 2 streets north of the "mandatory evacuation zone" though I am still south of Montauk Highway.

We have 40mph winds right now. Alot of leaves down in my yard. Alot of rain. No flooding here so far. Though there is flooding in some areas particularly in Long Beach, Freeport, Massapequa, Lindenhurst, Babylon village, and in Bay Shore. Irene was by and large a dud and now the next time we really do have a dangerous storm coming nobody will listen because the hyped Irene to be the storm of the century and it turned out to be just like one of those typical nor'easters that we always get here on Long Island and NYC. Seriously, we have had normal storms worse than this. Oh yeah and I still have power which says something about this joke of a hurricane. It made landfall in Coney Island in Brooklyn as a tropical storm with 65mph winds.

All these evacuations were totally unnecessary, especially in Nassau where they evacuated everyone south of Sunrise Highway and Merrick Road. Totally absurd and overblown.
edit on 28-8-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just took a look at the cam and nothing is happening, its semi-bright, not windy, no rain. Did the hurricane already pass though there or yet to hit?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Looking now. Lots and lots of people about. Some have brollies but as many wearing sandals and no coats. Doesn't appear to be windy at all. Very strange compared to what I'm seeing on the news.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Looking now. Lots and lots of people about. Some have brollies but as many wearing sandals and no coats. Doesn't appear to be windy at all. Very strange compared to what I'm seeing on the news.

I had a conspiracy though about that

maybe they have exagerate and took advantage of this hurricane passing by
perfert for a full exercise .. how much time does it take to evacuate newyork
do they know something else coming ?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
oh wow ppl are scared senselesssssssss... running around and havok, gore and mayhem!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY....

Or... not...

nope... nothing.

This must be why they always call hurricanes women's names... cause they bitch a lot about... nothing really. This is the perfect example... Katrina tho, was the exception, that was one tough chick!

Oh well... another cool day in ny... and some hot chicks passing through...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join