It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolmen, Devil's Marbles and Deer Stones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
originally i had written this as an answer to slayer’s thread ‘Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?’
www.abovetopsecret.com...
since it is late for that thread and since it is something I would like to discuss with hopefully many of you in order to deny ignorance of course, I post it - with slayers consent - as a new thread

dear slayer,
thank you for your op and stirring us all up.
for me, there are too many topics within your op to reply to (hope i managed to send a u2u in your direction in regards to this).
my! what a mass of possibilities amongst all the replies. i respect any and all of them - i have even my own version to contribute however only in regards to the dolmen:

i perceive these formations as being arranged by the gods.

the gods of earth, water and wind as the old ones might have said (and those gods had different names according to various regions and times).

i find the vedic gods hold the best varieties and explanations. tvastr and indra would have had their hands in this for sure.

anyway, today actually i call them simply earth, wind and water.

i imagine, these boulders were moved long long long ago, when mother earth was in earlier formation stages. they might have been scattered around, much apart for some and others might have been closer together. maybe some already rested on top of each other, bedded deep in her womb.

then floods came. rain came. earth shaping mud slides. maybe the earth even shook. maybe some of these dolmens appeared as the mud and soil was washed away, maybe some received their formation by boulders sliding along with the mighty shift and then got stuck on two protruding rocks.

i imagine our grandmothers and fathers (the survivors on high ground) watching and marvelling how the hands of the gods built and moved the elements. i also imagine some very brave among them figuring out that they could give the gods a helping hand and push some in a desired direction for a desired purpose. i can hear them laughing, struggling, some being a little afraid and respectful in mingling with the gods’ affairs others (maybe when the mob didn’t watch their sacrileges behaviour) having fun, playing, experimenting, covered in dirt and rain. mighty strong men and women, maybe looking like gorillas, or like bears, or like neanderthaler.

it kind of vaguely reminds me of yesterday’s queensland state rugby league match between redcliff and tweed heads on a b-grade field in the rain. item, back to the grands :

maybe those few very brave ones noticed the power and admiration they gained in the eyes of the others - and the elite was born. the shamans’ progress.

specially this dolmen in korea seems to suggest even the direction of the flow. or push. maybe some rubble or huge tree was stuck between the two legs.

then the devil’s marbles in central australia.

www.nt.gov.au...
teachit.acreekps.vic.edu.au...
www.quicksales.com.au...
they lay approx one third of they way from alice springs to darwin. there are no myths attached to them in regards to their formation. none anyway, that i have heard of except the implication in their name. locals will tell you: ‘no, that’s just as it happens. some say that the devil put them together, but that’s just a load of rubbish’.

the big difference here of course is the shape of the boulders.

again i imagine our mother being very young and soft in her early childhood (like a baby with soft bones). i imagine that these maybe still soft boulders where shaped by tumbling, maybe there was some water rushing by there and the stones got tumbled into that shape. maybe the same flood, who knows.
or maybe they were formed when those boulders were still some floating molecules in love with each other, embracing each other and a fluke twister hardened them into shape, kind of stood marriage celebrant for them.
maybe the word miraculous is derived from moleculous. imagine what a show it must have been in the eyes of those who watched - if there were any.
ok, ok

i’m back.

there is a difference between the various types of stone and possibly their appearance on earth - but that is an other story. one, that some of you might be better at putting together.

but just have a look:

don’t they look like pieces from a meteor shower? like a bigger type of a hail storm?

the deer stones.
most of them are in the steppes, possibly some tribes of the huns then - i’m sure in all honour and worship - decorated them with their totem animal the deer.

i’m not sure about the changing gravity of earth as proposed by bjarneorn in slayer’s thread. i do not understand those two drawings. however i’m sure that beautiful earth has many tricks up her sleave on how to put on her make-up. and gravity for sure is one, as also electricity would be, and many other activity producing factors. even time wants to be mentioned here.

further, a note on the accumulation of them in korea. since they have so many of them, it is fair that these megaliths are called after them. dolmen is a korean word. dol meaning stone.

is it bizarre that a korean word travelled over the world? how long ago is it, that the dolmen are called dolmen? are you in america the only ones calling them dolmen like the koreans? when did the word hunnenbett (with kind contribution of earthoccupant) receive birth? what are other names of these phenomenon in other languages?

Mahasamadhi (slayer’s thread) suggests:
standing stones (menhirs),
ai’lignments (stone rows) and
dolmens (megalithic burials).

did the idea of ‘using and/or making’ dolmen travel the planet with migration, or did the idea spread like the ‘1000-monkey-syndrom’?

last but not least: dolmen at gochang, korea. why would anyone except the gods build like this?

edit on 28-8-2011 by bestintentions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
While the pictures are cool, you don't provide a shed of evidence for your extraordinary claims about a "soft" earth. Do you think it was made of play-doh and left in the sun? Plus your theories are rather difficult to follow as they aren't really based on anything and don't really have a basis in science or reality for that matter. How did you come to this idea? Sorry but I would leave this stuff to slayer.....
edit on 29-8-2011 by itsatrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

Actually, you make a brilliant hypothesis, despite what the above poster says, who clearly doesn't appreciate geological time and how plastic the Earth appears when viewed through it. An imagination is a wonderful thing though isn't it? Makes time travel possible to start with.

I have come to a similar conclusions as you and based upon that premise, have found that certain other practices make better sense...but since mine is a work in progress I won't digress. I particularly find the placing of the Dolmens in Korea as supporting the idea that these stones originated further north and were brought to, or close to their current location by glacial movements. Additionally, if you consider the paths that the melt water, which at times would have been incredibly fierce, creating massive mud slides, would have taken, this too supports the hypothesis that the landscape was shaped by their 'gods'. Our ancestors display a very deep, spiritual relationship with stone at key geographical locations. That is often combined with symbology relating to the cardinal points, as well as a reverence for water in their earliest ritualistic practices. The wind, earth, water, were indeed gods who shaped and created the landscape for these people. Control of fire slowly changed things, and gave man the power of the gods, which he's been finding ways of abusing ever since.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I enjoyed them

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

thank you. i could not have explained it as good as you.

edit on 29-8-2011 by bestintentions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap
While the pictures are cool, you don't provide a shed of evidence for your extraordinary claims about a "soft" earth. Do you think it was made of play-doh and left in the sun? Plus your theories are rather difficult to follow as they aren't really based on anything and don't really have a basis in science or reality for that matter. How did you come to this idea? Sorry but I would leave this stuff to slayer.....
edit on 29-8-2011 by itsatrap because: (no reason given)
i would leave the best intentions to best intentions,the slaying to the slayers, the traps to the trap layers and each person to its own to Life.:

new topics

top topics

join