It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUWC (Navel Underwater Warfare Center) inside Nevada !?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Thanks A+ post Don't hate man, were all here for the same reason.. (most of us) it was a good post and a good topic!

no matter where the story comes from, USUALLY its from word of mouth. The story came from some where.

Ether way, those posts aren't all I've found, there's bits and pieces everywhere talking about these huge underwater passages/caves/whatever..

Like I said in the beginning, its just food for thought man.. something to think about. I have another thread coming up soon that will be a little more concrete.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
These stories have been around for years and for good reason. They have been related in one form or another by people of at least two and probably three generations. Combined with the geologic data (providing that it can be verified), these rumors and tales become at least marginally plausable.

I have visited Hawthorne, NV on numerous occasions and at all times of the year. I lived in Fallon, NV from 1996 to 1998 and Hawthorne was a pleasant drive or motorcycle ride to the south through mostly unspoiled desert scenery on a wide-open two lane highway.

The Army weapons storage facility there is almost unbelievably huge. Located in gently rolling hills, the ammunition bunkers stretch literally as far as the eye can see for miles along the highway. If you continue south through the town itself, and after a few more miles of bunkers, you will see a miniature submarine sitting along the lefthand side of the road marking a narrow two-lane paved road. Approaching the "sub" you see that it has been crudely crafted from what appear to be WWII vintage torpedo parts. You also see the small sign announcing the Naval Underwater Weapons Center. Both the "sub" and the sign are a source of humor to the locals.

By day, there really is not much to see. At night, however, the storage facility and the Navy installation are more interesting. The endless miles of bunkers are dark. Driving south toward Hawthorne at night gives the illusion of approaching a much larger city. As you get closer to the town itself you see that Hawthorne is a bright spot at the edge of the base. The lighted area of the facilities merge into one giant "city" in the center of which, off to the east, is the Secure area. This is a square approximately 1/2 mile on a side and which appears to be 3 to 4 miles off the road lit like a football field. Inside this area all that can be seen are some non-descript buildings.

Local gossip ranges from nukes, chemicals and/or biologicals to secret tunnels. Who knows?

One thing is for sure, there is something at Hawthorne that commands that level of security. Could it be the entrance to some sort of secret underground/underwater facility? Again, who knows?

S & F for a thought provoking thread.

edit on 28-8-2011 by Tholidor because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Actually, the geology is against this tunnel. Even if the height difference weren't an issue, this tunnel would have to cross many earthquake faults.

The internet is a great echo chamber for BS, though BS echo chambers have predated the internet. (Elders of Zion crapola for instance.)

Years ago, I was on the Power Line Overlook with another author. He spotted something on the hill above Groom Lake. I set up a telescope and photographed it. That particular telescope reversed the image. No big deal, but I forgot to reverse the image before posting it. Well a forum full of "experts" explained how the structure related to Groom Lake, when in reality it was just a "microflect" pointing towards the Nevada Test Site. So a "fact" was presented, and the BS followed.

I like the post from the ex-Navy guy. They store stuff there because it is too expensive to demil it. I can believe that. The land isn't exactly valuable, so cleaning it up and using it for civilian purposes isn't a good business plan.

Now Hawthorne is remote enough that you could do some stuff there. I recall coming across one of those "private" military security firms does training there.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Good posts guys, and even for the dis-believers, thanks for not jumping down my throat. At the end of the day this is still an interesting topic. I think im going to move my research into finding maps maybe of some known tunnel systems in or around the area. Going to see if I cant go find some sort of cave diver/explorer forums and see if any one has any info or first hand experience.

As for the shelf theory, looks to be a half truth... Maybe. What litte info I can find says this "shelf" isnt ALL of california but select places, bay area being the biggest, or best spots rather. I even read one article about how when they started pumping oil out of Long Beach, that whole area "geographicaly" sank by so many feet or inches.. Think it was feet.. Ether way thats whats Ive found, not by ANY means am I saying its true... Just some more food for thought.

Ill post more findings on these tunnels/"under ground rivers. The talk about the fault lines is a good post, being a man of science I should have thought of that. But to play devils advocate here, maybe these esxtremley active faults are whats opening these large caverns people call tunnels. It would also half explain the age old idea/prophecy that california will break off after huge earth quake.

On THAT note, I remember a few years back on discovery channel, them talking about this special bridge they had put up or were going to that would be on wheels in a track on both sides because california had started moving away from the US... Also something els for me to look into.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Okay, I have a serious question for those posters who are saying a United States Submarine has ever been lost without the wreckage being located and investigated. Which submarine, specifically, could that have been?? The U.S.S. Thresher and U.S.S. Scorpion wreckage have both been located and investigated to the extent it was physically possible.

U.S.S. Thresher Wreckage

U.S.S. Scorpion Accident Reports and Information

The Navy was very cagey and secretive about how precisely the Scorpion went down, but I can't find serious suggestions that it wasn't found as reported. The U.S.S. Stickleback and U.S.S. Cochino were also lost at sea but in those cases, the crew were rescued before the boat went down and thus precluding any mystery as to location or cause. So....what sub was lost under a sea shelf or anywhere else for that matter, where the wreckage and story wasn't known?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Nice thread mate.

Checked on GE about this place, but the one thing i noticed was the amount of railroad branches there is there for little storage units? hmmm makes you wonder...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join