It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUWC (Navel Underwater Warfare Center) inside Nevada !?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Finally able to start threads..
here we go!

So about a year ago I was talking to a family friend about CTs. (Conspiracy Theories) One of the things we talked about was how California was a "shelf" where you could actually take a submarine under parts of California INLAND by hundreds of miles.

This really peaking my interest I did some digging and this is what I found. I found the shelf theory to be quite true to what extent tho I'm STILL unsure of. However, a good month or so into my research I stumbled across a mans post about a "Navel Underwater Warfare Center" in yep.. you guessed it, NEVADA! Hawthorne to be exact. So me being me I dove right into this full board and these were my findings. Tho I don't have the URLS from much of what I read sadly, I do have one new one here with some great pictures of this place.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

One of the forums I was reading through had a group of guys really determined to find out more about this place. Infact one was a big Geography buff and had a good idea of how this place worked and found an entrance under the "Shelf" of California. He had a map all drawn out with where he believed was an access point into this Underground sea tunnel.. He also made mention that this location was not the only one of its kind, stating how he thought this place could be connected through these underground tunnels from Nevada up to Puget Sound in WA state. My self, doing more research found that there was actually another NUWC in the Puget Sound area..

I will try to do more digging and post my findings. I would love to find a copy of that map again. It showed the Bay Area in California as the main entance to this facility, as far as submarines go..

LEMMIE HAVE IT GUYS what u think?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well... considering the Naval Surface Warfare Center has a presence in Corona, CA.... There must be some hidden sea way to Corona too. FYI, Corona is around 1000 feet, nearly 1/4 mile above sea level and less than 50 miles of the Pacific.
That'd take one hell of a lock system to get ships up there and I'm sure the neighbors would hear the shelling.

edit on 8/27/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is an easy task .
Please keep looking down the the rabbit hole as the answers will literally blind you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Dunno if relevant but have heard this same story a time or two.....
The story included the lost Thresher and stated it went missing while exploring this underground sea.
The idea is akin to hollow earth theory and about as far out.
Then again no stranger than the reputed mag lev railways conecting the Los Alamos, Dulce, area 51, Dugway, etc....
There is not much chance of getting to the bottom of this mystery, heheheheheh

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

I don't really know anything about this "shelf" theory besides what you have just written. I will have to do some research before I can comment. But what I can tell you is that I was in the military for a long time. When we would do desert warfare or vehicle training alot of it was done on simulators. Large complexes full of computers, sims, ect. I have driven a tank through the middle of the desert while being in Colorado in the middle of a snow storm lol. Just because it's a Naval training area in Nevada doesn't necessarily mean it is the entrance to a secret underground ocean.

edit on 27-8-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've been there. I did some contract work there through Navsea back around 2007. It is not a submarine base. It is used primarily for the research and development of undersea missiles and torpedos. It is all weapons research and development all the time.

The idea of an underground submarine passage from the pacific to Nevada is, honestly, f*cking stupid.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I agree, and I take a grain of salt with EVERYTHING. Just some good food for thought. On an almost dead cell phone. Once I get home and to a comp ill be able to post some more URLS

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I would love to know more about the shelf theory, post some links if you get a chance.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
I've been there. I did some contract work there through Navsea back around 2007. It is not a submarine base. It is used primarily for the research and development of undersea missiles and torpedos. It is all weapons research and development all the time.

That is exactly what I've always assumed this was. While trucking, I was past this facility a couple dozen times over the years running north from Vegas to I-80. In fact, he was parked in the truck stop lot I stopped at while there The car side mirror shows the front of the little truck stop. A couple missing things here though.......

What I am surprised the pictures didn't show is the hundreds of ordinance bunkers that literally line the hills all over behind and south of the direction all the photos were taken? I always thought that feature is what made Hawthorne a place a bit different than anywhere else I've seen.

Additionally, I'm not sure how this could be called secret? If one pulls up Hawthorne on Google Earth, you will see the N/S highway on the west end of their test lake. That runs above it with an unobstructed view. It even has a couple pullouts where one could stop to watch the goings on when they're actually doing something down there. It's an odd little town....but That's Nevada for you. A lot of odd stuff on the back roads of that state.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hmmmm:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Check out this thread.
I read before about a lost sub in the 60s or 70s that went into such a tunnel & was never heard from again. Good reading, a hell of a "rabbit hole" so to speak.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
HAHA, he said it was F*&^(*& STUPID! lol. While I do not think it is stupid, I do think it is improbable.
I happen to know that one of the above posters is correct, they develop technology at this facility. I cannot attest to whatever else goes on there, which is probably stuff that will lead to more death, but they definitely develop weapons technologies.

With that said though, I do think that the idea of a partial "indentation" somewhere along any coastline could be possible. That would be pretty cool. As far as the Thresher being lost somewhere even remotely close to California, I say impossible given current evidence, and the fact that she has been found. I know someone had mentioned that.

I suppose they could have meant that it was on the Atlantic side of the hypothetical "tunnel," but if that were the case then how did it end up so far away from the coast? Anyway, while this may be far-fetched, it was an interesting thread nonetheless, and I for one will flag it!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If only this secret base had a museum....

hawthorneordnancemuseum.com...

I've been meaning to visit the museum for a long time. The old Navy UAV is of interest to me.
Museum photo

I wouldn't put much faith in the Living Moon website. They just scrape the internet. I've been meaning to write those clowns for all the photos they have stolen from my website under "fair use."

Remember, "fair use" is a legal defense. Generally when a government organization puts out a photo or report, they can be curated under fair use. That hardly goes for photographs from private citizens. A photograph is copyrighted the instant it is made.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I should also point out there are private companies that store explosives in the hills near Hawthorne. I guess they use old base employees, i.e. the talent pool for explosives is in the town. Or maybe the zoning is easy since the town already has plenty of boom boom, so a little more boom boom wouldn't hurt.

The central Nevada ranchers have bought stuff from surplus sales at Hawthorne. You see old munitions cases all over the area that have been "repurposed", generally to hold water for cattle. I suspect the ammo can dude in Beatty stocks up from Hawthorne.

Beatty ammo can guy

I'm not sure if he is still there. Often there is nobody in the "shop" (all the cans are stored out in the open...it is the honor system), but you can ask for the guy at the nearby gas station.

If you travel around the desert, there is really no finer way to pack your gear than in ammo cans.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Thank you Chung

Well I apologize, I wasn't aware of the other thread about this exact place.
edit on 08/28/11 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Awesome find Don!!

ok guys, so here's a decent article about the tunnels under california

paranormal.about.com...

Searching more about the "shelf theory"

edit on 08/28/11 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That NAVAL base is almost entirely ran by contractors.

There are very few active military there at any given time.

It is a storage facility for mines.''

Old archaic mines.

That is where they get the" Underwater Warfare" part of it.

It is mostly a bunch of warehouses storing mines without their dtonator in it.

I worked for a NAVSEA contractor and we had a lot of stuff stored there.

We had to move it so we went up there and loaded flatbeds as they came in and shipped it to warehouses we had at a base on the coast that shall remain nameless.

It is all war reserve stuff stored there,nothing the Navy uses on a daily basis.

Or probably ever will.

They can only get rid of it through DRMO and it has to be "demiled" before it can be sold at auction.

Tat cost money and it would be only sold as scrap so they would not recoup the cost of the "demil"

"demil" means make it in to a state so it cannot be used in a military manner again.

The Navy is the ultimate hoarder.

They throw nothing out and keeps superfluous crap for ever.

Most of the stuff we hauled out of there was WW2,Korea and Vietnam era stuff.
edit on 28-8-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Here are some postings from a blog site..

" Clear Lake, California

Functions: Unknown
Levels: Unknown
Tunnels to: Unknown
Notes: According to Robert K. Newkirk, northern California's "Clear Lake has many underground caverns [leading under Mt. Konocti?] that we know have no endings and others that run to San Francisco Bay."

source: AMAZING STORIES; Mt. Konocti "

" Barstow, California - Camp Irwin

Functions: Unknown
Levels: Unknown
Tunnels to: Unknown
Notes: Leon Davidson, in an early issue of Flying Saucers Magazine, spoke of a large network of "underground tunnels in the California desert, at Camp Irwin, near Barstow." This may tie-in with an item related by a Los Angeles municipal water director, as related in an early issue of Richard Toronto's Shavertron letter-zine, stating that this water director knew of 5 large underground rivers which ran beneath the Mojave desert, and that die-traces showed that at least one of these emptied into the Pacific ocean through openings in the continental slopes (One source stated that such a river exited in the Gulf of California).

Reports of several tunnels below the Camp Irwin area, one of which is an abandoned mine at the bottom of which is an "earth crack" which leads to a tunnel that connects with a massive underground river about a quarter of a mile wide, one of at least five subterranean rivers which rise and fall with the tides, suggesting the source of origin being a large underground sea below the dry basins of Utah and Nevada. One of these reportedly runs below Kokoweef and Dorr peaks near the SW flank of the Ivanpah Mts. NW of Needles, California. These underground rivers are said to empty into the Pacific or Gulf of California via large aqua caves near the base of the continental slopes.

source: DEPTHS OF THE EARTH, by William R. Halliday; Leon Davidson; Richard Toronto; FORT IRWIN; CALIFORNIA'S UNDERGROUND RIVER CANYONS "

"
A well known US Nuclear Sub actually lost its way in one of the passages and was never heard of again,( Actually two have disappeared under mysterious circumstances,,The USS Thresher and The USS Scorpion.)

Some of California is actually floating on the ocean.When oil companies began pumping oil from under the city of Long Beach it began to sink-up to 26 feet before the pumping stopped.
Source aboutparanormal.com...

I am quite unsure of the truth of this but remember the warnings from psychics years ago that California was going to drop off the US???
Posted by UniqueNurseGranny at 3:18 PM
Labels: American history, unexpected events "

Interesting stuff

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The navy research base at China Lake CA did developed a number of sub weapons ASROCK, SUBROCK, Polaris,
They also developed the early seal mini subs.
And china lake is in the Mojave desert so the cave tunnel system must extend here also.

Really the NUWC (Navel Underwater Warfare Center) is the commend that in-placed the Sosus system to track Russian subs.
www.navy.mil...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Well if it came out of Flying Saucers magazine, then it must be true.

Ya know, this kind of nonsense doesn't give ATS a good reputation.

Now if you are going to make up some BS story, yeah, connecting the secret tunnel to China Lake makes sense. Well more sense than having the tunnel terminate at a Vons in Encino.

And the Navy would spend money on this tunnel rather than buy fighter jets, missiles, jammers, carriers, etc. because ....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join