It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 earthquakes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I just read this on www.earth-issues.com...
there were very small earthquakes, the largest was only a 3.
But still isn't this incredible?
What could cause this?
We have discussed HAARP causing earthquakes, we have discussed Ele doing the same. This seems alittle or alot out of the ordinary.
What do you all think?
10,000 earthquakes in 3 days!
Sorry if has been posted, I did not see it.

edit on 27-8-2011 by MissPoovey because: forgot something

edit on 27-8-2011 by MissPoovey because: had the hours and days mixed, thanks for the poster who corrected me.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Saw this on the Extinction Protocol. Although they were small, that's a hell of a lot of quakes in such a short period of time.

I won't impose my views on others, but I believe all the natural disasters and strange weather this year are signs of something big to come. I hope I'm wrong though.

Of course, someone will come in here and say "10,000 quakes over a four day period is normal. Nothing to see here. Move along."

edit on 27-8-2011 by ShadesofGrey78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by ShadesofGrey78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
I just read this on www.earth-issues.com...
there were very small earthquakes, the largest was only a 3.
But still isn't this incredible?
What could cause this?
We have discussed HAARP causing earthquakes, we have discussed Ele doing the same. This seems alittle or alot out of the ordinary.
What do you all think?
10,000 earthquakes in 3 hours!
Sorry if has been posted, I did not see it.

edit on 27-8-2011 by MissPoovey because: forgot something

Very interesting thread, but did you read the article on the link provided at all....
The largest was a 3.6
and it was not in a 3 HOUR span it was 3 DAYS!
You should probably try to be accurate when starting, or posting on, a thread..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That is a big number but when you compare it to the estimate 500,000 that occur every year it starts to look quite small. Who knows how many ACTUALLY happen a day, only certain ones get report by "official" places like USGS.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thank you for the correction, it was not my lack of reading comprehension as much as my lack of typing skills. My brain read 3 days and my fingers typed 3 hours.

So if there are so many earthquakes a day then this is Normal? I am asking because I didn't know there were so many. To me it sounds awful and I am wondering the cause. But maybe there isn't one then? Just natural causes?
For a conspiracy website you are taking this rather calmly. I have to admit I was alittle (alot) freaked out when I read this.
But too deny ignorance, I will allow you to educated me on this.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
earthquakes happen all the time. a lot of them just go unreported because they aren't in highly populated areas: for example, at the bottom of the ocean, northern canada, etc etc. my math skills that aren't trustworthy, say that that's a bout a week's worth of quakes, so that seems normalish to me

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

So this is a dead thread?
Man, my first thread is toast.
I attempt to be cutting edge and end up here. Abrasively corrected and totally shut down in the drama area.
Guess I will leave the headlines for reading and not necessarily sharing.
Thanks to the posters that explained that ;

10,000 earthquakes in three days in one area, no matter how slight, seems to be normal.

Thanks for your responses
and my edification.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
No matter how big or small, and how they happen, or where they happen, 10,000 earthquakes in just 3 days is NOT normal. Only in this day and age do we see something like this.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
that whole caucausus region is lit up like a christmas three. that area's 10,000 may all be under around M3.0,

meanwhile,, Mongolia, Peru, the Pacific have have ones M 5-6 in the past day alone.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well, I would dare to associate another phenomena , also in the Czech republic. I do not have a link yet, but this is a main article on Space Weather:

www.spaceweather.com...

The thing is called "sky sprites" and it appears to take place at the altitude of 80 km.
www.sky-fire.tv...

top topics

join