It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD's found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I got into a debate with my friend about the war in Iraq, and I told him that we unjustifiably invaded Iraq without proof of any WMD's, and my friend went on about how he had been watching the news constantly and said they found missles and weapons and factories, but I think he was just trying to win an argument by lying. So I'm turning to the folks at abovetopsecret to tell me; Have any WMD's, missles, or factories for making them been found in Iraq?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Just a lot of depleted uranium dust left by US Military ordinance.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
They have found around a dozen or so missiles, some containing sarin gas, that were made before the first gulf war.

There was also some yellowcake that was there before the first gulf war and had been monitored by the UN for years.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The only thing they found so far was some aluminium tubes that Bush tries to sell of as parts for Uranium Enrichement centrifuges(they were just plain simple aluminium tubes ..) and 2 or 3 deteriorated sarin mortar shells that were in such bad shape it was more dangerous to handle them then to jugle with a live grenade.

Thats about all I could find of what they did find.

Theres also this rumour a while back where they were saying the US had evacuated a load of nuclear materials from Iraq, but the thing is, Kurdish authorities said the US sneaked the nuclear materials INTO Iraq a week or so before :@

So yeah, you were correct in the argument with your friend, there are no WMD's found.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
No credible evidence of NEW WMD's. Just plenty of old ammo and signs of "possible" violations.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ahem.

Several ATS members became very excited when it was possible to rationalize the war through the discovery of mobile weather balloon labs.

And there was an orgy of self-plaudit when missile parts starting showing up in dumps near Amsterdam (of all places).

But in their heart of hearts they all know that Bush, Cheney, Powell, Rumsfeld and Rice have lied to the US public repeatedly, and attempted to retract their lies, and lied again and again, over and over.

That is, except those people who want to argue that all the US-threatening completely built up & deployable weapons (that were identified as being in precise locations in Iraq by Powell prior to the invasion of Iraq) have been shipped to Syria right under the noses of a sophisticated US occupying force in Iraq.

The US put whatever remnant weapons have been found in Iraq in Iraq in the first place. That is the nature of commerce and mixing commerce with the most atrocious and stupid US foreign policy of all time.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Didnt we arm Iraq a long time ago with WMD's to fight Iran or something like that? Just a clean up operation in my mind. Bush doesnt have the balls to just go out and lie about a war. If they 'knew" Iraq had something that would be a good reason. Not sure what the motive would be for a 4 year administration to clean up things from 15 something years ago. Just my 2 cents

Whos knows what to believe these days.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpower
Didnt we arm Iraq a long time ago with WMD's to fight Iran or something like that? Just a clean up operation in my mind. Bush doesnt have the balls to just go out and lie about a war. If they 'knew" Iraq had something that would be a good reason. Not sure what the motive would be for a 4 year administration to clean up things from 15 something years ago. Just my 2 cents

Whos knows what to believe these days.

This is the same guy who takes press conferences with pre-written questions and answers while in an obvious narcotic haze, banged up his face while choking on a pretzil, and continued to read "My Pet Goat" for seven minutes after hearing the words "America is under attack" from an aide. I doubt he could identify an atropine injector from an AK-47. The most honest answer he's given to why we invaded Iraq is because "That guy tried to kill my dad." When asked if he's ever made a mistake while in office, he had the gall to say he couldn't think of a single one. So yes, he has the balls to lie outright, mostly because he's too stupid to distinguish fact from fantasy.

The US didn't overtly deliver WMDs to Iraq in the 80s but allowed the copious sale of dual-use chemicals then used to make chemical weapons.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Back in the 1980's good ole Saddam gassed his own people. During Gulf War 1, our M8 chemical detectors were going off all the time. These two items were on the news for days. Have we forgot about this???

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pfcret
Back in the 1980's good ole Saddam gassed his own people. During Gulf War 1, our M8 chemical detectors were going off all the time. These two items were on the news for days. Have we forgot about this???

We haven't forgotten about what he had during the first Gulf War.
The weapons we are looking for now are the ones we were told he developed after the Gulf War.
The massive stockpiles that Powell said we knew he location of.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pfcret

Yeah and back in the 80s the White House said US sanctions against Iraq would be 'premature' while the Kurds were sucking down Phosgene. Gee, I wonder what changed between 1988 and 2003, the threat of Opec switching to the Euro, perhaps? Or maybe the fact that Israel finally got tired of waiting for a new Iran to come along and feed it some oil. We'll never know anything from the politicians except that brown skinned people in Mesopotamis simply hate our freedom.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Just remember Iran now has "WMD" Iraq could of been first base. second base(iran) third base(syria) home (middle east).
Scary thought.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Die Trying
Just remember Iran now has "WMD" Iraq could of been first base. second base(iran) third base(syria) home (middle east).
Scary thought.

We couldn't actually have invaded Iraq if they ever really had valid WMDs or a real army. The situation with Iran is much different and we will not invade on the ground for another 10 years, after 10 years of sanctions, propaganda, and bombing. If Iran truly has WMDs - like ICBMs and nukes, they are most likely not going to be touched.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
my brother who is in iraq now says that they have found biological weapons like the first week they were there, so yes WMD's have been found in the past.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by DanTodd]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
my brother who is in iraq now says that they have found biological weapons like the first week they were there, so yes WMD's have been found in the past.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by DanTodd]

There were reports of shells being found in swamps that were suspect but after testing, they turned out to be conventional weapons.

If anything real had been found, Bush and Blair would have brought it out in the media to justify the war and take the heat off of themselves.

So far, it's just those few pre-gulf war sarin shells.

top topics

join