It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a result of hybrid agriculture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It has been awhile since I have started a thread so please forgive me if it is unorthodox...anyway here goes...

I was slicing and prepping vegetables for a stir fry when I came across this bell pepper...and it is a first for me...I figured what better place to take it than my friends on ATS to see what they think.

It might be fairly common...but it is a first for me so I thought I would share it.

Any ideas on what causes this...and is it normal (meaning is it more common than I think)?

Anyway that is about the sum of it...just curious about this pepper...and again forgive me if this seems lame...but I am trully curious about it and would love any input you might have to share about it!

Edit: Mods can you move this...somehow it ended up in the wrong place...thanks!
edit on 26-8-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

more normal then one might think,, but i've seen this a few times..

my wife Bakes peppers ALL the time,,and it is funny sometimes to see

but nothing to fear... eat it..

nature makes ALL kinds of Oddities over time.. Thats how we get Diverse and Healthy plants
(over time)

you should have seen this RED flesh apple i picked off of the neighbors tree,, Red skin, and RED flesh!!

FREEKY...!

edit to add...

i kept the seeds from the apple,, and carefully planted them.. after the first year they ALL died..
nature works.. in mysterious ways LOL
edit on 8/26/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Not unusual. I worked in restaurants for several years. Every now and then you come across a pepper with a "sprout" inside it.

Don't know what causes it. I suppose a seed gets a little rambunctious.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

It went in the stir fry for sure...but I thought it was odd...I guess nature has a way of surprising us every now and then when we least expect it.

I spend too much time looking for storm phenomenons and ended up with something more interesting in my own kitchen...amazing!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Not unusual. I worked in restaurants for several years. Every now and then you come across a pepper with a "sprout" inside it.

Kind of make me wonder what becomes of the sprout if it is left alone and free to grow naturally...two peppers in one?

top topics

join