It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many cops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The crime rate is down but police forces are growing. We’re poorer as a result, but not necessarily any safer.

This spring, Tamara Cartwright dropped off an envelope at her local post office outside Lethbridge, Alta. A friend had sent her a jar of hemp-based ointment, so she replied with a thank you card, wrote her name and return address on the envelope and, in a decision certain to haunt her for years to come, enclosed four grams of her homegrown marijuana, enough for perhaps four cigarettes. On an April morning some days later she returned to the post office to pick up another package. Moments later, police pulled her over, handcuffed her, put her in a cruiser and hauled her off to the police station.

---

It is weird how they want to spend more for cops, but crime rate is down. Anyways

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If we ALL join the police force, we can overpower them from within!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

with the help of a citizen petition,
in Massachusetts they decriminalized marijuana, now mostly the police don't bother anymore.
it passed by 65% of the vote, mainly i think because voters saw the rehabilitation raquet, as just another tax.

but a post office is federal, that's a no no.

next year we have a citizen petition to legalize medical marijuana.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Time to deletion in T-minus 5, 4, 3.....

You cannot discuss illegal substances on this site.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
yea the police could come knocking at your door, but the police in Guelph won't even come for minor things anymore I think they might either be tired of people calling over stupid things or they don't want to waste money.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Time to deletion in T-minus 5, 4, 3.....

You cannot discuss illegal substances on this site.

Thanks a lot, snitch.

You will get your reward, someday.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

I don't snitch on anyone, the mods have a job and I leave it to them to do. They usually take care of T&C stuff right away, today seems to be a slow day for them I think. I haven't seen a thread with MJ discussions last this long.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
If we ALL join the police force, we can overpower them from within!

Meanwhile we save tons of effort by filming ourselves beating up elderly and tazing little kittens. Then we can judge ourselves and ... I dont think that would work

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011
The crime rate is down but police forces are growing. We’re poorer as a result, but not necessarily any safer.

This spring, Tamara Cartwright dropped off an envelope at her local post office outside Lethbridge, Alta. A friend had sent her a jar of hemp-based ointment, so she replied with a thank you card, wrote her name and return address on the envelope and, in a decision certain to haunt her for years to come, enclosed four grams of her homegrown marijuana, enough for perhaps four cigarettes. On an April morning some days later she returned to the post office to pick up another package. Moments later, police pulled her over, handcuffed her, put her in a cruiser and hauled her off to the police station.

---

It is weird how they want to spend more for cops, but crime rate is down. Anyways

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Is marijuana illegal where Ms. Cartwright lives? If so, she brought her upcoming sentence upon herself. Don't blame the cops since she was the idiot.

/TOA
edit on 28-8-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

top topics

join