It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the staff of ATS and the East Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Y'all be safe this weekend and don't do anything stupid.

I believe that I speak for most of us members when I say you're in our thoughts. And I know many of us will be heading there shortly after to help pick up the pieces if needed.

I just hope we're not needed.

Good Luck! and again...Be safe.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for the well wishing. I'm here in RI, and from what I gather, this should be downgraded to a TS (if it hasn't already)

For the rest of you who may not be so lucky, stay safe. Keep your eyes and ears open, and help those who cannot help themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm in New Hampshire, and we're going to throw away our batteries and flashlights because this is not going to be anything special for us. I expect maybe 30mph gusts where I am, and maybe a few twigs on the ground.

The news has got the whole east coast in severe panic mode, not me though. It's when they're quiet about something that concerns me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I read it's weakening, but haven't heard it on the news yet. And remember...

When they tell you not to panic...

It's time to start Panicking!

edit on 26-8-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm not too worried here in Boston. Just expecting relatively high winds and a %#$%load of rain... then again I'm a fan of big storms so maybe it'll surprise me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I thought a lot of the staff was in Arizona....am I wrong?

But...to everyone who is associated with ATS in anyway that is on the east coast, NC etc. My good thoughts and prayers are with you...I want you all to come through this...safe, sound, and even gladder to be alive.

edit on 26-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Be safe everyone!
Make sure you have 3 days of food at least.
Get ice in a cooler.
Get water for the 3 days too.

Expect to be out of power for a week if you are in an affected area.
Maybe more.

Keep the mindset that you will be camping for a week.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Staff is from the far corners of the Earth...Even though it has no corners. That's where they/we are from.

You know, if the Earth actually DID have corners, what would hurricanes look like? or could they even form on a rotating cube?

I'm pretty safe here in the High Desert of Nevada. But for all staff AND members. Just keep alert, be prepared.
Get your news from multiple sources..I hear the Weather Channel is doing a little fear mongering (does Murdoch own them now?). But just use common sense. And remember to take care of your critters too.

new topics

top topics

join