It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Proof in God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

I already believe, and many others do as well. However, anytime someone posts anything remotely dealing with God or Jesus, Bogomil will add his 2 cents worth decrying your post and trying to derail it with his atheist drivel. He patrols the religion forums daily looking to troll and undermine peoples beliefs.

As to the OP, i have experienced paranormal occurences as well. I've heard footsteeps run across my living room floor coming from my kitchen on 2 occasions and no one was there, my cats were very upset and wouldnt leave underneath my legs when this happened. i've also seen cups going flying across my kitchen at times when there was no scientific reason for this to happen, no breezes or anything. I have been laughed at twice by something i couldnt see, been scratched and slapped and my wife has seen a male figure in the bathroom with her when i was at the other end of the house and i have heard footsteps walk up behind me, only to turn around and see no one. When i was slapped, the handprint just mysteriously appeared on my face and it stung a bit but i have no idea how it got there and i didn't even notice it till my wife asked me who slapped me.
edit on 27-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You wrote:

["I already believe, and many others do as well. However, anytime someone posts anything remotely dealing with God or Jesus, Bogomil will add his 2 cents worth decrying your post and trying to derail it with his atheist drivel. He patrols the religion forums daily looking to troll and undermine peoples beliefs."]

I'm flattered by the attention to my person and activities, but such manifestations of attention has no relevance to any topic whatsoever.

Quote: [" As to the OP, i have experienced paranormal occurences as well."]

And do you like OP suggest, that this is a 'proof' of anything (except paranormal activities ofcourse)?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Woods and the Watcher

Half a mile away from my house was the edge of town.

It was a place seemingly out of a storybook – tall oak trees loomed overhead, casting a deep shadow on the ground below. Birds peered down at my friends and I as we walked through a worn path, which we had made over several months of constant treks to our secret place deep within the brush.

After ten minutes of fighting with bushes and thorns grazing our ankles, we came to an opening – a special place that only a child would find perfect.

A stream ran though this place. It was wide, and a steady current constantly rushed past. A thick tree had fallen over the stream, making a natural bridge that we could sit on and watch the water below.

Jimmy sat next to me, and threw small pebbles into the clear water – which would crash with a deep plunk as they hit the liquid. Matt stood on the other side of the stream with a machete that he had taken from his fathers woodshed, whacking at the thick vines and bushes.

He was the brawn out of the three, and he was slightly destructive. He liked cutting down the brush, and often pretended he was Rambo.

I was busy watching a squirrel climb a tree about ten yards away, and truly enjoying my escape from chores.

After a few moments I realized that Matt had stopped clearing the brush, and was standing still.

I carefully stood up from my seat on the natural bridge, and stood next to him. “What’s wrong?”

“Who is that?” he asked.

I looked up and saw a man standing about thirty yards ahead of us. He was leaning on a fence post that divided the woods from an enormous hay field.

“No idea….” I said. “Jimmy, do you recognize that man?”

Jimmy walked up next to us, and tilted his head. “I’ve never seen him.”

“Hello!” I shouted. The man didn’t move, but continued to watch us as we stood there. I extended my arm into the air, and waved. “Hi!” I shouted again.

The man stood up, and seemed surprised that I was talking to him. Matt began walking forward to get a better look at the man, and we both followed in behind him.

As we grew closer to him, I realized with shock that I recognized this man – he was the same man from my great-grandfather’s funeral. It had been years since I had seen him, but I knew from that strange color white (which wasn’t really white) that it was him. His beard was steal trimmed, and his hair still parted on the side.

As we approached, the man walked behind a tree and didn’t reappear on the other side.

By this time we were only several feet away from him, so there was no where he could have run to.

I never told my friends that I recognized the man – but to this day we still talk about the Watcher in the Woods, and wonder if he was a ghost.

After all of this time, my friend Matt – who is now 28 – swears that he must have walked into the tree.

We all feel that he was a ghost – and he was just watching us play.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Hama-dryads (entitites literally speaking living in the texture of trees), is a globally spread and well-known phenomenon (both in mythology and from contemporary experiences), but they have nothing to do with 'proving' any christian or other 'god'.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Perhaps I should have named my thread - My Proof in Spirituality.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Considering the vagueness of the word 'spiritual', you would have been better off with sticking to paranormal, because that's what your examples mainly are until demonstrated otherwise.

But it's to late now anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Considering the vagueness of the word 'spiritual', you would have been better off with sticking to paranormal, because that's what your examples mainly are until demonstrated otherwise.

Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;[1] an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.”[2] Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual's inner life; spiritual experience includes that of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm.[3] Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life.[4] It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world.

I think that about sums it up...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by bogomil

Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;[1] an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.”[2] Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual's inner life; spiritual experience includes that of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm.[3] Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life.[4] It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world.

I think that about sums it up...

It's a bit like the word 'god'. It can mean to many things, ands people start to fight on copyright or semantics.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I have spoken with others before about the possibility of another type of being from another dimension could well be the figurehead from which we base the belief in God.

It is very possible.

However, as Shakespeare said: a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

I have a theory, which I call “The Grand Unification Theory,” which states that eventually our science will progress to the point where we prove the existence of God – when that time comes, God may very well be a being from another dimension. But I believe as we travel along our historical journey, our science and spirituality will eventually merge – and become synonymous with one another.

Part Three – The Man on the Steps

My great grandfather died when I was a young boy. His heart was weak, and eventually gave way to a heart attack.

His funeral was conducted at my great grandmother’s house. I was only six at the time, and I couldn’t really understand the concepts of death. I remember thinking that I was at a family gathering.

My cousins and I decided to play a game of hide-and-go-seek, and proceeded outside. The weather was cool, and the air was a pale blue and slightly overcast. The sun poked its golden rays through the openings in the clouds – causing the day to feel dull, yet relaxing.

It was my turn to seek out my cousins. I leaned my head against the wall by the side of the house, and closed my eyes.

“One, two, three…,” I said, peeking out from the corner of my eye, “eight, nine, TEN! Ready or not here I come!”

When I pulled my head back from the side of the house, there was a man sitting there on some steps that was built into the side of the house, however the steps ran directly into the wall, and there was no door at the top.

I didn’t recognize this man, and I stepped back. Even as child I could tell there was something unique about this man – his features weren’t exactly normal.

His eyes were crystal blue, and almost seemed to have a glow to them. His snow white hair was combed over to the side of his head. His beard, which in turn was bright white, was neatly groomed. His skin was extremely white and almost looked as though it wasn’t real.

His clothing was not white, but a reddish color – the funny thing is that when you looked at him they looked white; as if my mind couldn’t determine what the true color of his clothing was, so picked white.

“Hello,” I said to him.

He looked up from his steps and stared directly into my eyes. He seemed to be communicating sorrow. I understood in that moment that was sad for my great grandfather’s death.

“Hi,” I said again.

He continued to look at me, without saying a word, and tilted his head slightly to the left.

Because he didn’t respond I walked away a few steps, and looked around the side of the house for one of my cousins. My cousin Adam ran around the side of the house, and I decided I was going to turn around and catch him on the other side.

When I pivoted on my feet the man on the steps was gone – as were the steps.

Later on that day I would ask my mom about the man; and she said she had never seen him before in her life.

~End of Story

Now I said in an earlier post that I was not going to discuss any stories that were not backed up by another witness – obviously that is not the case here.

This story is relevant, however, because it ties in to two more stories that I will share later.

This story, and the tie-in stories, has a profound impact on my memories. It would not be the last time I saw the white bearded man – and the next time I saw him, I was not alone.

edit on 27-8-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

what an interesting fairy-tail hum from which story book you pop it from ??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join