It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you ever wanted to know about sound, frequency, and pitch in twelve minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi ATS. I came across this and wanted to share it; I don't know who the person who made it is and I'm not affiliated with her in any way.

In accord with its straightforward subtitle, the video is a very user-friendly, informative outline of "the science and mathematics of sound, frequency, and pitch." Her presentation is very well organized; her visual aids are creative, fun , and remarkably effective. You will come away after watching this with a better understanding fof how sound works, how the ear works, what happens when strings vibrate, the mechanics of music on a physical level, and so on. I felt like I had gotten a booster-shot of smart, which is usually the opposite of how I feel after watching most videos, so it is noteworthy for that alone.

Learning about sound this way in general is fascinating in its own right, especially to somebody like me who had never given the topic any real thought, But beyond this, sound is a great tool for understaninf vibration and oscillation. These are enormously important concepts, both scientifically and philosophically. An understanding of vibration and oscillation provides deeper insight into everything from the movement of markets and social trends to the structure of the universe and time. So seeing it all laid out like this is likely to be stimulating even if you don't really care about sound per se.

Enjoy. Twelve minutes of your life well spent, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Learning about sound this way in general is fascinating in its own right, especially to somebody like me who had never given the topic any real thought, But beyond this, sound is a great tool for understaninf vibration and oscillation. These are enormously important concepts, both scientifically and philosophically. An understanding of vibration and oscillation provides deeper insight into everything from the movement of markets and social trends to the structure of the universe and time. So seeing it all laid out like this is likely to be stimulating even if you don't really care about sound per se.

I completely agree - an understanding of principles of vibration and oscillation can offer tremendous insights into the "more esoteric" arts of metaphysics, philosophy, etc, not to mention the more "down to earth" implications in many of the areas of ATS interest. So S&F, I will watch the video - and thanks!!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Studying music and frequencies I can say this video does a decent job of explaining the math and science of it all. Now when you apply it to resonant frequencies, which all matter has... then you start getting into some of the "magic" that could cure/kill cancer cells, or move objects, etc...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It ties into Sacred Geometry like Phi.

8:15 10:10 deals with the geometries of music.

Geometry of Music
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.tokenrock.com...
www.spiritofmaat.com...

top topics

join