It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writer Status

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok, so I followed the rules for getting writer status, U2U the appropriate person, but no response. So did I miss something? I noticed others have messaged the person responsible for granting writer status asking for it, so I know I am not the only one having this issue. Any help out there?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I could be wrong on this, but I think they are very selective on who has the title. Those titles are mostly given to those who write extreme constructive threads and become popular on the site or have an inner fan base that enjoy reading their threads, as in the case of slayer69.

But again I could be wrong, maybe a mod can confirm this.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I got mine by entering a short story contest. Otherwise I would have never achieved the title.

So for others who didn't take the steps you mentioned ( what are the steps anyway?), keep an eye out for writing contests.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2011 by toolstarr because: uggghhh. double post- whats up w that?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
...i got my label after entering a story contest... seems like masqua was the mod on that deal... send him a note... if it wasnt him, he knows how that stuff goes...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There are two seperate writing forums.

One, the Short Story forum, is open to all members. If any member of ATS wants to write a story there, they can do so.

The second, Collaborative Writing, is reserved for those who have Writer status and its function is for group efforts. The reason why only those with the writer status being allowed to post there is so that a collaborative story, such as this Space opera can carry on without interruption.

It is perfectly fine to ask for the writer status, but it is only given if myself or another moderator responsible for that restricted forum feels secure that there would be no disruption to ongoing collaborations. To just jump in and post to a thread like the Space Opera without first being introduced and vetted by the participants would be disruptive.

To want writer status but not wish to participate in collaborative efforts would be a useless enterprise since you already have the Short stories forum at your disposal.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Paul McCartney once said, ‘a singer is someone who sings every day.’

I actually write for a living, and have done so for a quarter of a century. In addition, I am on ATS every day.

Look what it says under my name in the side panel. And that is the way it will stay.

I have never been able to understand the desire for formal recognition. Won’t adulation and money do?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I actually WANT to collaborate, hence the need for writer status. I too am on everyday, and yes I have posted in short stories forum. In the collaborative stories forum, there is a thread about how to get writer status, and I followed what the requirements were. Hopefully I have done what is required so I can add to the writing.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Congrats on your new status haarvik!

Will have to drop in and see your writings.

Welcome, Writer!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have emailed the moderator that is in charge of the colaborative writing forum and have asked for writers status, i have yet to get a response. I am very interested in being able to post in this forum as i have a story that i am working on that i could use help with. I think even if the mod does not feel like i am "good" enough for said forum i should at least be informed of this. Though that is just my opinion I still have my fingers crossed and im hoping to find something out sometime.

thank you and good day night depending on your location in this universe.

P.S. congrats on getting your writers status.

edit on 27-8-2011 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Thank you! I'm glad to finally receive this status.
I hope I can contribute constructively to collaborations in the forum.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Okay. Why not just u2u someone you'd like to collaborate with, get together with them, and present the board with the results of your collaboration?

Generally, when people are interviewed for a creative position, we ask to see their portfolios, or give them a brief and see what they come up with.

Added: Well, I see you’ve got what you wanted. You’re a writer now!

edit on 28/8/11 by Astyanax because: current events overtook me.

top topics

join