It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: SAS leads hunt for Gaddafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Libya: SAS leads hunt for Gaddafi

www.telegraph.co.uk

As a £1 million bounty was placed on Gaddafi’s head, soldiers from 22 SAS Regiment began guiding rebel soldiers after being ordered in by David Cameron.

For the first time, defence sources have confirmed that the SAS has been in Libya for several weeks, and played a key role in coordinating the fall of Tripoli.

With the majority of the capital now in rebel hands, the SAS soldiers, who have been dressed in Arab civilian clothing and carrying the same weapons as the rebels, have been ordered to switch their focus to the search for Gaddafi, who has been on the run since his fortified hea
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am sure this is no news to my fellow members that British SAS have been active inside Libya, Indeed it has been widely reported in the media lately and I know I have discussed it with some members. According to this latest information from the Telegraph it would appear that the regiment is now taking leading role in directing operations targeted at neutralising Gaddafi. This would suggest then that the UK government is directly involved in operations to neutralise Gaddafi, contrary to what is being said publicly.

What is still to be disclosed in the level of involvement of UKSF, which we can only speculate about. There are also reports that French Special Forces are inside Libya however based on the nature of the operations my guess would be that UKSF are taking the lead on any operations. I would also guess that even if the regiment does get Gaddafi it will be officially announced that the rebels took care of him without any western assistance.

Regardless, the use of western Special Force’s assets inside Libya is both a interesting and controversial development.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
24 Aug 2011

Try to use the search next time.

OT.

I agree that the SAS most likely was involved long before it even started.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
SAS are amongst some of the most elite special forces in the world, no doubt they will find gaddafi and the filth will be removed from planet earth.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

the filth

The way i see it NATO are the real the filth by supporting terrorists

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Do they always hunt foreign leaders when enforcing a no fly zone?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well the UKSF have been up to there necks in Libya for a long time ,if some of you remember before this Libyain protests even started a small group of UKSF was captured by farmers after they met up with a British spy.

My own personal belief is that the British french and american special forces have been leading the attacks from the start guiding NATO Bombs while Qatar and the Saudis( who are very well trained by the British and Americans ) have been posing as rebels on the front lines doing the main fighting while the media film a few ragtag local libyain rebels firing there guns in the air.

reply to post by FriendlyGopher

It's not your place to play thread police ,I'm sure the mods have it covered.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I found it hilarious when the newsman said that rebels had set buildings on fire in the palace compound, just after it was bombed from the air by NATO aircraft. Uhh, maybe the bombs caused the fires. Gaddafi is in disguise in Italy and nobody will ever find him. You can get a perfect fake ID from China for $200. Don't you think Gaddafi could get and even better one?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I would like to remember the OP that weeks before NATO's "humanitarian" missions started various SAS, and MI6 agents, where captured in East Libya. Let's see if this time the SAS are equipped with guns that can actually fire (not built in the UK), otherwise Qaddafi will probably capture them again

Better leave that sort of thing to us, after all:
- We are invisible, we are invincible!

"Without Warning"

top topics

join