It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Irene strikes, expect riots

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, NYC looks mighty busy with people and traffic right now

Here's the webcam:

www.earthcam.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
Usually what happens when something like this happens, as it was mentioned previously, people tend to band together. People start cooking all their frozen foods and sharing it with people, and beer lots and lots of beer gets drank.

And usually if you run out of something the neighbors are usually kind enough to help you out and what not. I wouldn't call it fun, but it all turns into a block party of sorts. Then after it's over some people have new friends and some go on with their daily lives.

It's actually quite amazing the way people can behave when they are united for a common cause.

This is almost like our custom in southeastern Louisiana, hurricane parties! Haha and people definetly band together, and don't be fooled my fellow Americans who may have never experienced mass power/food/water shortages, people get to lootin, EVERYTHING, from groceries to tvs hair weaves shoes, EVERYTHING. And they'll loot together, like a robin hood scenario. Dont yall think the homeless and lower income people that stayed in these major cities being affected by Irene WON'T take the chance to go shopping for free, WAKE UP!! FEMA will distribute money to all the stores looted/affected so in the end everyone will be fine except those lost in the event. But then again we will see how Irene turns out...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by beezzer

Sadly beezzer, I think you're correct. Something seems very odd and ominous with Irene. I can't put my finger on it, yet it's a feeling I just can't shake. To my fellow ATSers in it's path, may you and your loved ones stay safe and come out unscathed on the other side.

I've had the exact same feeling...... very ominous; guts were in turmoil over it all day, and I'm nowhere near the areas to be affected, though I have family that could be. Prayers to all of those who will or could be affected. Stay safe. May God bless you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think that because of the many, many people who have evacuated....the major transportation systems shut down, and also the hurricane itself....and the damage it will do.....I seriously doubt there will be much opportunity for rioting and looting.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I have to agree that, while it's always good to be safe, all the hoo-ha over a cat 2 is kinda overkill isn't it? If you;re in a low-lying coastal area sure you might need to get to somewhere a little safer til it passes. Anyway, I hope everyone in the path takes the necessary precautions and stays safe. And here's hoping the idiot element don't come out from under their rocks to participate in any recreational rioting.

All the best from Down Under
(where we're used to big storms too!)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I think that because of the many, many people who have evacuated....the major transportation systems shut down, and also the hurricane itself....and the damage it will do.....I seriously doubt there will be much opportunity for rioting and looting.

I think it presents the opposite scenario: those looters that do not evacuate and stay behind will now have very few eyes to watch out for them, making their job easier..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by caladonea

I think it presents the opposite scenario: those looters that do not evacuate and stay behind will now have very few eyes to watch out for them, making their job easier..

Sady, this is an oppourtunity that some may not be able to pass up.

It will bear watching.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

There will be NO rioting.

I don't understand the obsession with riots or why anyone would even want them.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There will be no rioting. This storm isn't like katrina....that storm was way stronger and hit major areas that are populated by generations of government tit sucking scum who couldn't provide for themselves even when there isn't an emergency...lol. Plus, the local governments dealing with this storm aren't the minority, ignorant racist scum that has kept the people in new orleans and surrounding areas living like slaves.

Upstanding and responsible people don't need to riot. They are prepared.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
People are speculating the risk of rioting from this part of the globe too.

But..... the most common thinking is that it could happen in the areas that were evacuated (because there is no one around, and conditions make it hard for cops to survey everything)

So what does it matter if the power is out or not, and whether people are bonding together........ elsewhere???

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Doublemint

Kids do, very often. Free stuff.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm glad to see I was right about this storm in so far as it turned out to be little more than a Tropical Depression. There doesn't seem to be much damage if any, and for the most part, people are behaving rather sanely with no rioting. There is so much loss of faith in humanity these days on ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
no

during the blackout in 2005, I was in NYC. no crime, no looting. I saw bodega's with stands of food on the sidewalk, and nobody was taking anything. everybody helped each other out

this isn't london

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I don't see anyone here wanting riots. It's a discussion of possibilities. No need for you to try to associate the two -- it is disingenuous to do so.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

no

during the blackout in 2005, I was in NYC. no crime, no looting. I saw bodega's with stands of food on the sidewalk, and nobody was taking anything. everybody helped each other out

this isn't london

Well that is heartening.
I wonder if that was because it was unexpected? Anyway, you're right -- NYC is not London!

edit on 27-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
State of Emergency= Martial Law and lots of FED involvement. I'd hate to be at the mercy of any of those "emergency" alphabet agencies! The "Perfect Storm?" ......the repercussions of the devastation after all is said and done, will likely have a severe ping pong effect for the entire nation. Are you prepared for the uncertainty of what's to come? Hang on, it may be a very long and bumpy road ahead! It may be just the crisis TBTB need to push us all over the cliff's edge!
edit on 27-8-2011 by Toots because: spacing correction

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well Beezer, I still have yet to see any riots. You ready to offer that apology yet or do you still want to wait a while just in case they are delaying the riots?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
When Katrina blew through New Orleans, it did very little damage. The riots and looting started days after the hurricane passed and AFTER the levies broke, power was cut off, and avenues of escape were gone.

Katrina did little damage. Had the levies held, it would have been forgotten by now. The ones responsible where the politicians who, surprise surprise, would rather line their pockets with money stolen from you than build life-saving levies.

Katrina = innocent hurricane moving moisture and heat.

Local and State and Federal politicians = money grubbing, power hungry scum who don't care if you live or die.

If history is any guide, we will see the politicians fomenting dissatisfaction from those in affected areas while blaming it on the rain. Same old, same old.

Americans need to stop falling for this lame, 20th-Centiry-style political crap.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

(snip) if there is none, then I will humbly apologise.
But if there is any?
I expect an apology from you.
Deal?

Still waiting for that Humble Apology Beezzer.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Originally posted by beezzer

(snip) if there is none, then I will humbly apologise.
But if there is any?
I expect an apology from you.
Deal?

Still waiting for that Humble Apology Beezzer.

I humbly apologise.
I was wrong.
I am sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join