It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melancholia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen it??
It's a wierd movie, one of those that seems to work on your subconscious for days following. It's causing me nightmares, I think.
I don't believe the Elenin/brown dwarf hypothesis, and yet that movie left me with images that stir me each time I see another thread on that.

With all the turmoil the world is in right now, it begs the question- what if something catastrophic was coming.....would many people "feel" it intuitionally and act out in bizarre ways? Suddenly deciding to revolt against their government, or otherwise getting skittish and conflictual? I don't know. But I can't get that movie out of my mind! (also wonder if Lars Von Trier got his idea from ATS.....!)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Haven't seen it myself as it hasn't been released in North America just yet. I have been waiting for it, the reviews are mixed, some say it's tripe others say it's fantastic. You must be in Europe? Was it in English or another language with subtitles?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Has anyone else seen it??
It's a wierd movie, one of those that seems to work on your subconscious for days following. It's causing me nightmares, I think.
I don't believe the Elenin/brown dwarf hypothesis, and yet that movie left me with images that stir me each time I see another thread on that.

With all the turmoil the world is in right now, it begs the question- what if something catastrophic was coming.....would many people "feel" it intuitionally and act out in bizarre ways? Suddenly deciding to revolt against their government, or otherwise getting skittish and conflictual? I don't know. But I can't get that movie out of my mind! (also wonder if Lars Von Trier got his idea from ATS.....!)

I've noticed a lot of movies/TV shows tackling this theme: The Event, the Doctor Who two-parter "Doctor Who: The End Of Time (on Netflix,) and there is another movie out this summer dealing with a new planet entering the solar system, but I can't recall the name of it.

It's either art imitating life or vice-versa, but one thing is for sure: With the plethora of shows concentrating on this subject, the idea is firmly implanted in the back of everyone's mind by now.

ETA: I watched the Doctor Who episode I listed above for the first time just the other night. The dialogue could have come straight out of an ATS thread.

But whether Nibiru is coming to get us or not, I'd like to thank Lars for showing us Kirsten Dunst's boobies.

edit on 8/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I haven't seen it yet but I'm pretty sure that the plot, like von Trier's other films, is full of symbols. It's not a literal representation of Nibiru or anything like that. Just watch Antichrist to get what I mean. There are constellations in that story that do not even exist. His work seems very esoteric.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm in France, but saw it in VO (english). I'm surprised it isn't out yet in America!
(and yes, Kirsten Dunst has a great body which we get to see in it!
)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

What is Vo ? I've been dying to see that movie! I'm wishing it would get here already!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Antichrist was good! I'm dying to see this one.....too bad it hasn't got here yet

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Only the preview. It hasn't been released yet in America.

second line.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
reply to post by Bluesma

What is Vo ? I've been dying to see that movie! I'm wishing it would get here already!

Sorry, that means Version Originale- original version (english)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
OP, did you see this in the U.S. or over seas?

If there is anyone out there that knows of a torrent, please let us know! It would be much appreciated as I have been waiting over a year now for the movie to come out.

As another poster stated the director of this movie loves the esoteric and I enjoy picking apart his movies to find the symbolism.

new topics

top topics

join