It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice is served

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Good news everyone

After haggling for months on end, both with the TWCC, and the insurance carrier, who is responsible for paying the medical expenses, for my back injury last year, and after two Contested Case Hearings,(CCH), the hearing officer, after listening to the disputes, from both sides, have come to a decision in my favor. The decision was, that I sustained a compensable injury on August 26, 2003, that disabled me from working through to September 25, 2003, and at no other times. The insurance carrier, Ace American, has been ordered to pay benefits in accordance with this decision, the Texas Workers' Compensation Act, and the Commission's Rules.

That's one less load off of my mind!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Insurance companies make me livid. They'll do anything to get out of paying legitimate claims. A friend of KayEm's mom is in the middle of a battle with one company who decided to change the policy in the middle of the year (hence denying her medical care) withoyt actually telling anyone. Yes, it's obvious that she will win - assuming she lives long enough to even attend the hearing.

Good to see you beat the money-grubbing bastards, Esther.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm glad too. Ace American fought pretty hard to get out of this one. They even tried to cancel the case, after the case had been announced by the TWCC as a 'contested case' and didn't show up for the first hearing, claiming they never received the first letter in time. The TWCC had to reschedule on several occasions, pushing the envelope further and further back on a decision that could be reached. They even tried to cancel it, before I could make a contested claim, trying to stop the process of me even making a claim of injury, before I could recover. That didn't go over very well with the TWCC, I can say that. I hope that what is 'compensable' is also my time off from work. I had to take a loan out to pay rent and bills that month, and the pain of not being able to function properly, really sucked. Having to depend on Crysstaafur completely, for everything was a blow to my pride. It was humiliating and degrading, that I couldn't even shower or dress by myself for a week. I was lucky he was there, and grateful for the assistance, but bored by the idea of being homebound. I wish your mom-in-law's friend, good luck with her own case. BTW, Pisky, who's Esther???

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Hetha]

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Hetha]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hetha
BTW, Pisky, who's Esther???

Oops ... sorry Hetha ... I'd been reading a post from esther and put her name on my reply here instead of yours :shk:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It's okay, no harm done. Just curious

new topics

top topics

join