It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defense of Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In defense of Islam
We here in the west generally look at Islam with the innocent of association we afford other groups and generally find them equal and benign.
Now confronted with Islam we do so without respecting it enough to find out.
I have spent the time and found out.
Islam is a conqueror religion like nothing ever seen here .
It encourages or condones lying torture pedophilia murder stealing, all in the course of global domination .
Muslims are wired 180 degrees out of phase as the west is.
What they are doing is for our own good to bring about allahs law to the world and end oppression for muslims,
for them this is reasonable, but for us in the way it kind of sucks .
So please give Islam the repect it deserves and learn about islam
The fact that you may know a bad muslim ( good muslims kill for allah) or a muslim poser has nothing to do with what is written in Islam holy books.
They are nice in spite of Islam not because of it.
Thanks for reading my post.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good post.

The only part I'd really disagree with is the statement that they are "a conqueror religion like nothing ever seen before". I see islam much like christianity was in the past. God/Allah/YHWH religions have always caused this sort of thing when religion had too much political power.

Other than that I tend to agree with you. The majority of muslims are moderate, much like most christians, though they are more active in their religion, and if they are good people it's not because of the islam. Rather they are probably active muslims BECAUSE they are "good, kind people", and simply following and integrating with their cultural roots.

It's like your average christian attending church because they feel they are supposed to and that's what they've always done, and like doing!

The darker side if Islam is related to the extremists who pick up on the admittedly inflammatory language in the Koran, and of course the dangers of any monotheistic religion used to justify a form of government and legal code.

It expect it will spread further, into Africa for instance and around the Third World in general, as religion does, but it'll never come to dominate the West, since modern western values are based on enlightenment and rationality, personal choice etc, rather than religion or dogma, and these values are now very firmly rooted.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Religion is the easiest "organisation" to manipulate

Certain Islamic "Groups" are doing what certain "Christianic" groups did in the past and its the same for countless other religions also

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The christian extremeists I.E the republican party of the USA has killed just as many if not more people than the muslim extremists do... they just do it with illusioned legitamancy

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
specialasianX,

I understand and I agree with you but since 9/11 is being and increased in the so call "religious experts" that bash Islam and muslin population every time the have the opportunity.

I am not a believer of organize religion, but it is getting tiresome when people tried to see the subject of religion objectively and someone come bashing with immature comments.

People should educate themselves in the subject before coming to conclusions.

Islam is not an evil religion per say and is a large Islamic population in US most are American regular Joes that had turn into Islam, are they evil and killers? No, they are doing what their freedom of religion under our constitution guarantee.

All religions have a purpose and that is to believe on a God.

The last time I check it was the same god for all.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Islam is not an evil religion per say and is a large Islamic population in US most are American regular Joes that had turn into Islam, are they evil and killers? No, they are doing what their freedom of religion under our constitution guarantee.

top topics

join