It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Man Wakes On Beach Without Memory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Police have appealed for help in identifying a man who claims he woke up on a beach with no memory of himself or his family. Unidentified man who woke up on Deal beach

The man speaks with an English accent and says he does not remember his name The man, who appears to be aged in his late 50s or early 60s, walked into the Victoria Hospital in Deal, Kent, suffering from head pains and amnesia.

Police said he has no obvious injuries and it does not appear he has slept rough for any length of time. The man - who speaks with an English accent - claims he does not remember his name, his family, where his home is or any other personal details.

He told officers he woke up on the beach at Deal on August 17 and asked for directions to the hospital. Police have checked missing persons files with all forces but found no one matching his description. The man has a large build and was wearing black Wrangler jeans, a white T-shirt and patterned sweatshirt when he arrived at hospital.

Sky news Report

hmmm this is interesting, makes you think where did this guy come from, where or "when"? Could be a time traveller that went wrong, or an abductee?

Also if you forget everything, no idea what your name is, where you’re from, and who your family is. Surly you would forget how to talk????

Mystery solved HERE on this post....

edit on August 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Very strange that he has no obvious signs of injury. But that doesnt rule out an indication of head trauma.

Only other thing i can think of is that its some kind of publicity stunt? For all we know he doesnt even have a family.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Ahhhh Amnesia... ?

Ah no, must be a time traveler.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
Could be a time traveller that went wrong, or an abductee?
Or Jason Bourne; or a black-out drunk; or got the crap beat out of him in a fight; or fell down & hit his head on a rock. etc. etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on. Only on ATS would the only 2 possibilities mentioned, be time travel or aliens.

Also if you forget everything, no idea what your name is, where you’re from, and who your family is. Surly you would forget how to talk????

I do not know much about amnesia, but I have never heard about anyone who has had it, but could not remember how to talk.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by Alpal

Nah, that's another part of the brain, not the memory "hub".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeZet
Reply to post by Alpal

Nah, that's another part of the brain, not the memory "hub".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

But you learn to talk, memorise words????

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Speech is ruled by a different part of the brain (broca's area) so if that area is unaffected then speech will be unaffected.

Memory loss and the brain
edit on 24/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
hmmm I smell publicity stunt. ya know I vaugely remember hearing something a while back about something similar to this, I wanna say it was a book by James Patterson or Tami Hoag or one of those mystery authors, I believe this guy read it and thought itd be great to get him known

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I saw this on the news, it seems every 4 or 5 years something like this happens, i.e is in the news.

I shall see if i can find the other news story's.

Jah bless

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
removed...sorry!]
edit on 24-8-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: cancelled

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Apparently happened again....

"Andreas Grassl (born 25 October 1984) is a German man found in England in April 2005, who remained unidentified for a long time due to his refusal to speak, communicating instead through drawing and playing the piano. During the more than four months that passed until he revealed his identity, the mysterious story spawned media attention and speculation across the world, dubbing him the Piano Man.

When Grassl was picked up by police on 7 April 2005, he was wandering the streets in Sheerness, Kent, in England, wearing a soaking wet suit and tie, and he did not answer any questions. Remaining silent, he was presented a pen and paper by Medway Maritime Hospital staff in the hope he would write his name. Instead, he drew a detailed sketch of a grand piano. When they first brought him to a piano, he reportedly played music from various genres (ranging from classical music by Tchaikovsky to pop music by The Beatles) non-stop for four hours, and then was taken away by the hospital staff."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
A common trick used by immigrants. I think you know why...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
He probably hit his head whilst on a boat and managed to make it to shore without drowning. At least that would make more sense than aliens/time travel. When you hear hoofbeats, why assume zebras?

If it's England, why don't they just run his fingerprints or dna? since word round the campfire is that you can't exist in the UK without being in a database somewhere...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ahh, this was in the newspaper the other day.

The guys probably hit his head off something and will hopefully get his memories back soon. It must be terrifying to lose everything. He thinks he's called Frank though, if I remember rightly. And he has a 'slight northern accent'. Doesn't mean much like, coz anything that's not cockney is classed as northern over here.

Hopefully someone will recognise him and help him through it. A lot of the time people just need something you recognise to ignite the spark again.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth

"Andreas Grassl (born 25 October 1984) is a German man found in England in April 2005, who remained unidentified for a long time due to his refusal to speak, communicating instead through drawing and playing the piano. During the more than four months that passed until he revealed his identity, the mysterious story spawned media attention and speculation across the world, dubbing him the Piano Man.

When Grassl was picked up by police on 7 April 2005, he was wandering the streets in Sheerness, Kent, in England, wearing a soaking wet suit and tie, and he did not answer any questions. Remaining silent, he was presented a pen and paper by Medway Maritime Hospital staff in the hope he would write his name. Instead, he drew a detailed sketch of a grand piano. When they first brought him to a piano, he reportedly played music from various genres (ranging from classical music by Tchaikovsky to pop music by The Beatles) non-stop for four hours, and then was taken away by the hospital staff."

en.wikipedia.org...

I often wondered if Andreas Grassl is the Wikileaks dude, Julian Assange for they look a LOT alike.

As for this guy, why can't the story be just how it's presented? Why is everything something other than what it claims?

(Raising her hand: Because we live in the year 2011 and have been fed nothing but lies?)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
so moonshine has gone from blindness to amnesia! also if you fall asleep watching 007 movies you get the accent. it's either that or mr. bond has gotten lazy

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
wasn't this a movie plot. I think i saw a movie once where the guy woke up on a beach or something and couldnt remember anything

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

edit on 26-8-2011 by champdk because: reposted twice

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth

en.wikipedia.org...

I read in one paper the piano skills he had were nonexistant, and all he did was plink the thing idly....
Hmm

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Maybe he was kidnapped by aliens, who then experimented on him and then had his memory erased so that he wouldn't tell anyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join