It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is USGS Saying NO Correlation Between CO & VA Quakes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Because they don't want to cause panic, as the Earth's crust is destabilizing months ahead of earlier top secret predictions.

Didn't you learn anything from the movie 2012?

Excellent condescending conjecture that is worth about as much as a used piece of toilet paper. It's not that I want to predict doom and gloom or fear monger but people that share your dismissive attitude are the ones with closed minds, not the people who entertain something similar could happen.

I think the findings that it is now scientific fact the earth has gone through pole shifts in the past should be enough to warrant concern, even if it just amounts to open mindedness when it comes to our planet and the signs Earth gives us.

That not withstanding, there have been changes in the Sun, not only in solar flare and CME activity but also a change in the way we fundamentaly understand particles emanated from the Sun. After all, things change and even though we all fear change on some level, we also must change too.

It is not important to constantly cling to conspiratorial ideas, what is important is that you allow yourself the privledge to free think and open your mind. When done in the right way, it affects change and usualy for the better. After all, thats why the Earth isn't still flat.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Now this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

latest SF quake:

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 06:36:54 UTC
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 11:36:54 PM at epicenter
Depth
9.1 km (5.7 miles)
Region
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
4 km (3 miles) NNE (19°) from San Leandro, CA
7 km (4 miles) NW (314°) from Castro Valley, CA
8 km (5 miles) N (358°) from San Lorenzo, CA
10 km (6 miles) ESE (123°) from Oakland, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles)
Parameters
Nph= 86, Dmin=5 km, Rmss=0.14 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=3
Source
California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR
Event ID
nc71625060

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The two areas are both in a KNOWN earthquake zone.

If anyone would have taken the time to go to the USGS site it would show just that.

Seismic hazard zone for Virginia quake

Seismic hazard zone for Colorado quake

Correlation to each other?

Yes there is,they both happened on the same day and in the same country.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
same day?? lol

they happened on the same 37N parallel (as did the recent SF ones, the Japan ones, yada yada )

that is a strong correllate yet sheeple are being told stuff isn't related even before any scientists were given ample time to make that conclusion. who's buyin it??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Because they don't want to cause panic, as the Earth's crust is destabilizing months ahead of earlier top secret predictions.

Didn't you learn anything from the movie 2012?

Excellent condescending conjecture that is worth about as much as a used piece of toilet paper. It's not that I want to predict doom and gloom or fear monger but people that share your dismissive attitude are the ones with closed minds, not the people who entertain something similar could happen.

I think the findings that it is now scientific fact the earth has gone through pole shifts in the past should be enough to warrant concern, even if it just amounts to open mindedness when it comes to our planet and the signs Earth gives us.

That not withstanding, there have been changes in the Sun, not only in solar flare and CME activity but also a change in the way we fundamentaly understand particles emanated from the Sun. After all, things change and even though we all fear change on some level, we also must change too.

It is not important to constantly cling to conspiratorial ideas, what is important is that you allow yourself the privledge to free think and open your mind. When done in the right way, it affects change and usualy for the better. After all, thats why the Earth isn't still flat.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

if anything, TPTB are using semantics (ie what does Correlate mean?)

but even given that, theres still the time factor that within 45 minutes of the initial VA quake, GSPS already posted verification that there was NO correlation.

any seismologists to explain what is required for quakes to be "Correlated" with another? is not even being all lined up on the same lattitudinal parallel have any bearing on geopolitically correct 'correlation now??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I check my quake app religiously each night before I go to bed and first thing when I get up in the morning and last night I noticed that it listed a quake occurred in Colorado. My immediate thoughts were this is unusual since I had never heard of Colorado as being a hot spot for quake activity and so I thought to myself if this might lead to something bigger. Then I woke up this morning to hear on the news that Washington DC among other east coast areas had a 5.9. Exciting (and sobering) times we surely live in!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
+ SF/Bay area also on 37N

top topics

<< 1   >>

join