It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecies, dreams & visions concerning nuclear war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
First of all, I want to make it clear that I am not posting this material in order to scare people. I am merely posting a compilation of recent dreams, visions & prophecies concerning a time that we are fast approaching. May God grant you the ears to hear and the heart to receive this message.

In 1947 Israel was established as a nation once more. Jesus tells us:

MT 24:32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

MT 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

MT 24:42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

From scripture we know that the fig tree represents Israel. The fig tree was dead for a very long time. It was replanted in 1947 and it's twigs are now tender with leaves growing once again. Jesus tells us that one generation will be alive to witness the rebirth of Israel and his return.

What is the length in years of one generation according to the bible?

PS 90:10 The length of our days is seventy years--
or eighty, if we have the strength;

So a generation is seventy years or eighty if by reason of strength.

Let us be generous and allow for 80 years. 1947 + 80 equals 2027. This would mean that the great tribulation will begin no later than 2020. Right now we are witnessing the beginning of sorrows with all of the current earth changes. Earthquakes in diverse places, wars & rumours of wars, extreme weather, increased volcanism, mysterious animal deaths etc....

MT 24:4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, `I am the Christ, ' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.

By no means am I setting a date for his return, the scriptures are clear that no man knows the hour or the day. Bear in mind that Jesus does indicate that we will know the season by the lesson of the fig tree.

AC 2:17 " `In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.

AC 2:18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.

AC 2:19 I will show wonders in the heaven above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.

AC 2:20 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

AC 2:21 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hmmm....

I would have thought that this thread would have prompted some interesting discussion.

Is it too much to digest? Too Surreal?

Sorry to bump my own thread (always a bad look).

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It is true from our perspective, but there will be many that do not believe and be taken unawares as must be done. The Great Deception is that God does not exist, and many will be fooled as they cling to science and only things that can be explained.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I wonder if Jeremiah would've been called a fear monger for telling the people of Israel the scary truth of what was open them... Keep up the good work

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelwpayton
I wonder if Jeremiah would've been called a fear monger for telling the people of Israel the scary truth of what was open them... Keep up the good work

I appreciate the encouragement, it is usually a thankless task.

I certainly don't do it to make friends, simply to warn others with the hope that they take it seriously enough to repent and turn to Jesus.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The main problem in this is the usual one. When theists try to 'upgrade' from plain doctrinal answer to a more 'sophisticated' level, e.g. by creating supporting methodologies for doctrines and doctrinal answers, the resulting methods are as circular, faith-based and relying on self-proclaimed 'authority' as the simpler approach of just doctrinal 'answers'.

It really doesn't fool anyone, and just gives the impression of a theist parallel to the reasoning of those building 'perpeteum mobiles' (apologize spelling).

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

your 777th post was one of graditude
thought I would point that out. I like those little moments where God speaks through our own words and actions to re-assure us that we hearing Him and He is pleased.

Originally posted by bogomil
The main problem in this is the usual one. When theists try to 'upgrade' from plain doctrinal answer to a more 'sophisticated' level, e.g. by creating supporting methodologies for doctrines and doctrinal answers, the resulting methods are as circular, faith-based and relying on self-proclaimed 'authority' as the simpler approach of just doctrinal 'answers'.

It really doesn't fool anyone, and just gives the impression of a theist parallel to the reasoning of those building 'perpeteum mobiles' (apologize spelling).

Considering we believe in a God who has self-proclaimed authority, this shouldn't be a surprise to you. So we're trying to use the education provided us. It's not an attempt to fool you, it's to show you that we don't follow blindly something that can't be proven. I am one of the most technical people I know. I love Physics and you can frequently find me in fringe science threads and research projects. But it doesn't detract from my faith, nor the Truth of God's word. You don't have to believe it. No one is making you. We are willing to die before we compromise our faith and our faith compels us to speak. It's love that pushes past all the hate we get for doing so. Wouldn't you tell someone if they we're driving off a cliff?
edit on 2011/9/9 by michaelwpayton because: (no reason given)

Anybody can cling to anything they like. This is very different from pushing it.

hmmm, never thought of myself as a pusher...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

It is always a delight to hear your cynical view, keep up the good work!

AC 17:10 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

edit on 9-9-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

thought I would point that out. I like those little moments where God speaks through our own words and actions to re-assure us that we hearing Him and He is pleased.

Amazing.

To God be the glory!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
It is true from our perspective, but there will be many that do not believe and be taken unawares as must be done. The Great Deception is that God does not exist, and many will be fooled as they cling to science and only things that can be explained.

Promoting subjective faith to fake-objectivity.

E.g. can it be claimed, that there IS a 'god' and that his name is the Great Noodle-Master. If you don't agree with this, you verily must be a victim of 'deception'.

Anybody can cling to anything they like. This is very different from pushing it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

You wrote:

["AC 17:10 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men."]

Juuuuust as I said..... they 'examined'....but on what criteria was this 'examination' performed.

'Holy spirits', Paulus' own chestbeatings, circle-arguments, references to 'signs and wonders', 'divine authority' such as contemporary christian missionaries do?

Or were these people some 2.000 years ago somehow 'wiser', in possession of secret talents or lore now forgotten?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Considering we believe in a God who has self-proclaimed authority, this shouldn't be a surprise to you. So we're trying to use the education provided us. It's not an attempt to fool you, it's to show you that we don't follow blindly something that can't be proven. I am one of the most technical people I know. I love Physics and you can frequently find me in fringe science threads and research projects. But it doesn't detract from my faith, nor the Truth of God's word. You don't have to believe it. No one is making you. We are willing to die before we compromise our faith and our faith compels us to speak. It's love that pushes past all the hate we get for doing so. Wouldn't you tell someone if they we're driving off a cliff?

hmmm, never thought of myself as a pusher...

All this sounded very straight and respectable, but you completely destroyed the good impression, when you ended with....

Quote: ["Wouldn't you tell someone if they we're driving off a cliff?"]

.......in capital letters demonstrating, that you have very little idea of the difference between faith and facts.

If you use such an approach in your participation on fringe-science subjects, I've seen such too often to consider it valid.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Juuuuust as I said..... they 'examined'....but on what criteria was this 'examination' performed.

'Holy spirits', Paulus' own chestbeatings, circle-arguments, references to 'signs and wonders', 'divine authority' such as contemporary christian missionaries do?

Or were these people some 2.000 years ago somehow 'wiser', in possession of secret talents or lore now forgotten?

They were examining the Torah. There's a reason Jewish people make good lawyers. It should also be noted that Paul had extensive secular education outside of His priestly education prior to his conversion to Christianity. People often forget that the Apostles preached the gospel from the Old Testament and that the OT isn't the only book these gentlemen ever read.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

You wrote:

["AC 17:10 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men."]

Paul and Silas described to the Bereans what had taken place in Jerusalem. The Bereans then examined the old testament scriptures to find out if Jesus fulfilled the prophecies concerning the 'Messiah' or 'Christ'. They did this with eagerness and diligence, not cycnicism. They were of 'noble' character, something that you could aspire to Bogomil. Silas and Paul's message to the Berean's was not later discredited but rather supported by other witnesses of Christ's death and resurrection.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

All this sounded very straight and respectable, but you completely destroyed the good impression, when you ended with....

Originally posted by michaelwpayton Wouldn't you tell someone if they we're driving off a cliff?

.......in capital letters demonstrating, that you have very little idea of the difference between faith and facts.

If you use such an approach in your participation on fringe-science subjects, I've seen such too often to consider it valid.

Yeah, my writing style isn't always consistent at 4 AM
Would you really throw out every bit because of the last line? and It's not a difference between faith and fact, it's knowing when different writing devices are acceptable to use and at what time.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelwpayton

You wrote:

["Torah. It should be noted that Paul had extensive secular education outside of His priestly education prior to his conversion to Christianity. People often forget that the Apostles preaches the gospel from the Old Testament and that the OT isn't the only book these gentlemen ever read."]

I can relate to that, when examples or details MANIFESTING this are presented. Ofcourse now that secular knowledge is included also examples of that.

Or, best of all, bring it up to present time and the present thread, where everything doesn't stand or fall with a mythological manual, but where the supportive 'methodology' of 'signs and wonders' can be examined (including rational examination).

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Quote: ["Wouldn't you tell someone if they we're driving off a cliff?"]

Yeah, my writing style isn't always consistent at 4 AM
Would you really throw out every bit because of the last line?

As you appear to sensible (I can't pinpoint that)...no, I wouldn't reject everything out of hand because of a single line.

IF you (at your convenience, in your tomorrow maybe) can give a better presentation of your overall fact-faith procedure/attitude.

I've known many excellent theists, who can keep these concepts apart or in a functional balance, without messing it up into half-baked hybrids.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I could give you examples of paul and his secular knowledge within thirty minutes... have to find the scripture where he was debating the philosophers.
but you mentioned you wanted extra-biblical sources which I've never researched personally but I could get you the info by tomorrow night.

As you appear to sensible (I can't pinpoint that)...no, I wouldn't reject everything out of hand because of a single line.

IF you (at your convenience, in your tomorrow maybe) can give a better presentation of your overall fact-faith procedure/attitude.

I've known many excellent theists, who can keep these concepts apart or in a functional balance, without messing it up into half-baked hybrids.

Tomorrow it is then! I don't think I would be misunderstanding your intentions if I were to say, "You wont be disappointed." Good night

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You wrote:

["They were of 'noble' character, something that you could aspire to Bogomil."]

But won't, as this kind of 'nobility' to me seems like giving up individualism and the abilty to think rationally; having this exchanged for grovelling to 'authority'.

Could you, once more, try to keep a decent standard...even when there are no rational arguments available. Character analyses are of NO relevance to this thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

I could give you examples of paul and his secular knowledge within thirty minutes... have to find the scripture where he was debating the philosophers.
but you mentioned you wanted extra-biblical sources which I've never researched personally but I could get you the info by tomorrow night.

OK.

And just for your information, I'm not the type getting into historical verification-quibbles. A message, an ideology, a system etc. can be valid by itself. Generally I don't put much importance to 'authority' claims.

Allegorically are Shakespeare's plays and the Sherlock Holmes books just as 'rich', no matter if Bacon actually wrote the first and a real Sherlock Holmes never existed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join