It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What nations combined or alone, could take on America, in the heartland?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
No one needs to take on the USA.

We can all sit back and watch you eat yourself.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Remember how long it took to move troops for Desert Storm, and the other little wars we are in. No one has enough ships to move everything at once. It would take months and months to stage a war into the USA and there is no way to do it in secret. Only M.A.D would work, and for the same reasons it won't work.

just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Griever666

It would take a combined Russia and China operation to even get into this country and that's not likely.
Luckily I think American's themselves would put a stop to the scenario you have put forth.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Interestng question.

I would like to turn it around, and ask...
What nation combined or alone has America HAD to defend itself against?
...or has it always been a case of Americans leaving its shores to 'defend' itself?
...and does this constitute 'defence', or 'offence'?

...and then the question is...

Why would other nations consider America 'offensive', given this strategy?

Just a thought.
Akushla

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
someone in the first posts asked what possible advanced weapon technologies america could possess which other's can't dream of?well i am going to mention something which is highly speculative but very likely too.(its from my own imagination).i don't know how many of you here know of Nikola Tesla(i suspect many),and his highly ingenious inventions.okay so he made transmitting electricity wirelessly possible in the 19th century and lighted bulbs wirelessly.He is also the discoverer of AC current but you don't find him in textbooks because of the powers of his time erased him,his inventions posed a threat to the power giving companies of that time(because they still used DC current and AC was better) and because of some other inventions too.After he died his research and tech was taken and he was literally erased,that's why many people don't know him.So who has the tech now?USA.Now imagine weapons running on electricity to power some highly destructive new technology like HANDHELD RAILGUNS or that sort of things.Of course tesla lighted bulbs but now obviously the capacity would have increased manifolds so very powerful handheld guns are now possible to make which re both inconceivable and destructive.imagine small guns which are able to blast whole troops and if USA is successful in making invisible technology(of which i suspect they are very close because of people seeing planes and lights at night with infrared cameras but nothing with their naked eyes,which suggests cloakabiltity to the visible spectrum of light),we are looking at invisible stealth killers with unimaginable remote powered devices!NO BATTERIES NEEDED! Very light GPS,TRACKERS,PHONES AND OTHER POWERFUL DEVICES WHICH GO ON FOREVER.SEE?many things are possible.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Griever666

@ the OP

Are you just saying, what nations would come to the aid of native americans or what nations would come to the aid of ALL americans? It does make a difference in the replies.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Japan in ww2?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm not trying to sound biased here. How ever, if the government increased the British Armed Forces to atleast 750,000: 500,000 regulars and 250,000 reserves. Britain could take on the US. The British Armed Forces are well known as the most well trained army in the entire world. Yes America have the technology, but we have the tactics.

Never underestimate Britain, dont forget we had a big empire once apon a time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join