It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kan to spell out no-go zone reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Kan to spell out no-go zone reality

Today is the 165'th Day since this Catastrophe begun,
until now ca. 75% of the People in the Shelters believed
that they can return soon to their Houses, Gardens and Shrines.

Only a few People faced the so called "Reality"
and knew there will be no return in "this and the next" Lifetimes!

Now Mr. Kan need to show the Backbone to show up in F'Shima
and remove from his promise that the People can leave the Evacuation Centers
soon for a safe return HOME:

Prime Minister Naoto Kan said Monday he intends to visit Fukushima Prefecture as early as Saturday to tell local officials and residents that some areas near Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s radiation-emitting Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant are likely to remain no-go zones for a long time.

Kan is expected to explain that some of the areas with high radiation exposure will have to be declared off-limits — even after the crippled power plant's reactors are finally coaxed into a cold shutdown.

"We cannot deny the possibility that there will be some areas where it will be hard for residents to return to their homes over a long period of time," Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said.

Edano said the final decision on assigning no-entry designations will be made after considering the outcome of a detailed radiation monitoring and decontamination plan for areas within 20 km of the plant and after consulting those communities.

Source

This is a big, huge Step here in Japan and i am sure that an Uproar
incl. a Resignation from Mr. Kan will follow!
edit on 22-8-2011 by Human0815 because: Spell

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Kan's already promised to resign after pushing through some bills to ensure money to help the quake area recover and a new national energy policy that focuses on renewable. The fact that he's already planning to resign lets him throw political caution to the wind and do what he thinks is right or at least necessary.
As long as it's going to be an unlivable area anyway, why not cover it with windmills or solar cells and use that energy to replace the lost capacity due to the Fukushima disaster. The Japanese gov't is going to have to buy or very-long-term lease the land anyway; get some use out of it.
I would think the people in that area already know in their hearts that they can't go back for a very long time if at all. But their mind doesn't let them admit it yet. I hope somehow they won't succumb to depression and commit suicide, but unfortunately I get the feeling the rate will start to rise.

new topics

join