It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to China: I fully understand your one-child policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What is our vice president saying here? He doesnt second guess a policy that forcibly sterilizes people and forces abortions on people? He is such a retard. Who cares though right? It's yet another incident of this man's incompetency, but it will be ignored and quickly forgotten. He will not get the Sarah Palin/Dick Cheney treatment.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Joe Biden: 'I Fully Understand' China's One Child Policy

Good news, reproductive rights advocates and neo-Malthusian environmentalists! Vice President Joe Biden has no problem with the government forcibly sterilizing people and compelling abortions. From his remarks at Sichuan University in Chengdu, China yesterday discussing the U.S. debt:

[B][I]What we ended up doing is setting up a system whereby we did cut by $1.2 trillion upfront, the deficit over the next 10 years. And we set up a group of senators that have to come up with another $1.2 to $1.7 trillion in savings or automatically there will be cuts that go into effect in January to get those savings. So the savings will be accomplished. But as I was talking to some of your leaders, you share a similar concern here in China. You have no safety net. Your policy has been one which I fully understand -- I’m not second-guessing -- of one child per family. The result being that you’re in a position where one wage earner will be taking care of four retired people. Not sustainable.[/I][/B]

So hopefully we can act in a way on a problem that's much less severe than yours, and maybe we can learn together from how we can do that.

It's perfectly understandable that you let the government tell you how many children you could have if that helps get the debt under control, right? Republicans better get together and compromise on the president's grand bargain sometime soon, or else.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

If Obama wins in 2012 wins by money or the elites helping you can expect a one-child policy in america to, Spreading Freedom & democracy what nonsense.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I fully support this restriction on Americans.

In fact, I think the rest of the world will also welcome it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I do not agree, nor disagree, with the Chinese policy as it is their business. However, you should only have as many children as you can afford to take care of.....
edit on 22-8-2011 by TheAncientsKnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
America will never have a 1 child policy.

That's just ridicuous.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am all for forced sterilization in the states. You would not believe how many men in my region alone have 5 or more kids with different women and don't even bother to be in their young ones lives. It is despicable.
I think welfare is kind of an incentive for some of these people to keep breeding.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Who would enforce a policy like this in America?? Thanks OP, I'm glad to read another nail in Biden's political coffin...Seriously though, we won't have to worry about this being a law here in the U.S. for quite a while. LOL We can't even stop people from coming here illegally and having multiple baby's let alone our citizens...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I can understand their policy as well. While I don't like their methods, what other options do you propose they use to keep the population at a level that is sustainable? With so many people inhabiting China, how long do you think it will be before their ability to provide for that many people will overtake their resources? You should be glad for that "One Child" policy...It may be the only thing that keeps them from coming over here to get yours.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom
You should be glad for that "One Child" policy...It may be the only thing that keeps them from coming over here to get yours.

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that boys outnumber girls wont have any sort of negative implications for America.

I must say that I'm really surprised at all the people who support this jack booted denial of basic human rights.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Biden, you have to love the fact that one man can be the manifistation of five idiots.
They used to call that Kissing As_ !!

Ass far as multiple children and who has the right to bring numerous kids into the world ? Kids that grow up in welfare receiving households, are tomorrows' tax payers if they are sent to school and taught values..

The point being, "The child that isn't born, may very well be the child that could have taught and given to many"

Just my initial take on this topic.. Thanks for the thread..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There should be incentives for people to have children they can afford to have.

People are popping out kids left and right and relying on the government to help. It only hurts the children in the long run. Im standing on a thin limb here but look at all the flash mobs in the U.S. Mayor Nutter of Philadelphia nailed it in his speech a few weeks ago, now he is being labeled negatively. Parents take care of your kids! If it's hard for you to control 1 or 2 children why have a 3rd, 4th or 5th? I believe its for goverment money and handouts these people think about when they procreate. I know people that want 1 more kid just for the tax credit they receive. That is absurd.

Honestly, people like that make me support eugenics.
edit on 22-8-2011 by kimish because: to add

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom
You should be glad for that "One Child" policy...It may be the only thing that keeps them from coming over here to get yours.

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that boys outnumber girls wont have any sort of negative implications for America.

I must say that I'm really surprised at all the people who support this jack booted denial of basic human rights.

You seem to be under the impression that everybody on this planet DESERVES the same rights as others. I, for one, do not.

You have to have your head in the sand if you truely believe that the majority of the people in the world can govern themselves and do the right thing. You obviously don't know how the welfare system in America works. The more babies you have, the more money you get. To call women who are on welfare who do this "government whores" may be derogitory, but it's true.

I think the main thing that has people in an uproar about this is the fact that a politician said it. I don't care if Daffy Duck said it, it soesn't make it any less sensible.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm surprised to find myself defending Biden, but he did not say he supports forced abortions. He said he understands the POLICY. I too understand the POLICY. I, and I am sure Biden, do not agree whatsoever with the methods.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

I'm sad to say that I'm not at all surprised. There are many such people here on ATS. And history is full of examples of regimes that practiced such policies -- Pol Pot, Hitler, and Stalin are just a few that come to mind.

It's another example of the instant gratification mindset of the Chinese. The only real solution is to educate the masses, and that will take a generation of time before the effects are felt.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
what a surprise that some people on ats and the current vp support eugenic polcies

much like their support of margeret sangers policy that was geared toward african american population control.

and people are begging for china rise to be a world superpower.

altho its not surprising at all classwafare and cradle to grace enslavement to the government for their only means of life and then yet another turn of events of controling their healthcare.

which means what people? you guessed it the door to the one child policy.

meh will the real facsists please stand up!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
A one child policy can only work in a society where men and female are considered equal in all regards this just isn't the case in Chinese culture. If it is easier to have a son, what happens is there will be parents that dump their daughter in the trash and try again to get a son.

Thrown away

Every year, say researchers, perhaps a million girl foetuses are aborted and tens of thousands of girl babies are abandoned.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Biden looks at it from an economic perspective but doesn't mention the babyboomers who will rely on the younger generation to support them, which isn't viable either. Those that came up with retirement and healthcare plans at the time must have had a different vision for the future and in my own country I can see the first cracks in those plans of which I doubt they will be properly dealt with. Still hoping, everyone should have healthcare and a good retirement, the young should take care of the elders but the last few years the more I learn about economics the better I can see how I could feel ripped off if I would care about it.

Even though a one child policy brings a lot of problems that'll hurt China's economy, in the end there will be less females to procreate and therefore population will dwindle while there will be more males which are considered to become workers so there's a working force right there. It's perfect from a government's perspective; having a work force of strong males that won't even be distracted by having to take care of their own family; there are just more males than females so unless females are allowed to marry 2 males some are going to be left out and will have a lot of time on their hands which is ofcourse, put to use for the greater good, society. Obviously the better males win (the high in demand females), while the females would choose the more succesful male, which all works out since the males' dads are probably already a member of the Chinese government.

top topics

join