It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 34 Car Pile-Up in Wyoming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A 34 car pile-up in Wyoming has left 1 person dead and dozens injured. The accident, reportedly caused by someone driving too fast on a wet road with heavy fog, has caused 7 tractor trailer rigs and a passenger car to become engulfed in flames.

foxnews.com
CHEYENNE, Wyo. � One person died and 34 others were hurt, three critically, in a fiery chain reaction of crashes Thursday on a foggy, wet, busy interstate, officials said. Thirty-three vehicles were involved.

Both eastbound lanes of Interstate 80 between Laramie and Cheyenne were expected to remain closed through Friday morning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Due to the accident traffic was backed up for nearly 25 miles on Interstate 80 between Laramie and Cheyenne. The American Red Cross has opened a crisis response center and those injured were taken to hospitals in Cheyenne and Laramie

[edit on 20-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This happens every fall in between Sacramento and Bakersfield on I-5. I have never heard of it happening in Wyoming, correct me if I am wrong. I often am. In California it is called Tule Fog, can't remember why.

TUT

[edit on 20-8-2004 by tututkamen]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
This happens every fall in between Sacramento and Bakersfield on I-5. I have never heard of it happening in Wyoming, correct me if I am wrong. I often am. In California it is called Tule Fog, can't remember why.

TUT

[edit on 20-8-2004 by tututkamen]

Random fact: I don't know why I know this seeing I live in TN... But because in marshy country there are alot of visible cattail and reeds (which are also known as 'tules'), the heavy fog in these parts of CA is usually called tule fog!

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Verdis Quo]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was right behind those vehicles when it happened, but luckely I used used my rocket powered turbo boost and jumped all the cars in front of me.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Murcielago]

join