It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gadafi wanted to withdraw from the public and political life,with the condition to stop NATO attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

It looks very nice on the paper but in reality they break half of the laws they made.
And to who can we complain?
Which court can punish whole NATO?

I see only 2 solutions at the moment:
1) US and EU people raising their voice
2) Russian and China making political actions.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

but I would say that there does seem to be some evidence that he has also been a force for good in Libya

Hitler helped the Germans too right? thats laughable

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dario86
reply to post by JennaDarling

It looks very nice on the paper but in reality they break half of the laws they made.
And to who can we complain?
Which court can punish whole NATO?

I see only 2 solutions at the moment:
1) US and EU people raising their voice
2) Russian and China making political actions.

Just more proof that NATO are in fact commiting war crimes.

I am sure there is more, but I am sick and tired of people saying they are angels.

What we need is the war crime court running again, last used in what? Kosovo war?

they even used a kangaroo court in Iraq for Saddam.

NATO and America and Britain are the AXIS OF EVIL.

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

Gadafi has Always been a Clown , but to Paint him as a Demon is just Folly . Once he is gone , and Libya is Throughtly Raped by the NWO , the People there will sorely Wish they Supported him in his Hour of Need . Meet the New BOSS (NWO ) , not the Same as the Old BOSS , but Worse............

edit on 22-8-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here is a source for the action Ghaddafi took against the tribal leaders shortly after taking power.

It is seperate than the other source you claimed was not good.

For this quality—this institutional potential—Gaddafi feared they might coalesce into groups opposing his rule. So, during the first two decades after the 1969 coup, he tried to erase their influence, arguing that they were an archaic element in a modern society. But as their power proved enduring, and as the challenges to his rule grew in the 1980s and ’90s, he gradually and willy-nilly brought them back into his fold. In a brilliant move that co-opted tribal elders, many of whom were also military commanders, he created the Social Leadership People’s Committee, through which he could simultaneously control the tribes and segments of the country’s military.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I always try to be optimistic but i am afraid that you are right and that is exactly what will happen.

This video brings up some good points. I wonder why i RT basically only media trying to cover other side of this war.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
what a crock. all he had to do was call the nato commander and it would have been over. this is all spin and revisionist history

it's too late for him, he's toast

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thank you indeed for taking the time to do that.

I would much appreciate it.

I see you have posted one. I will take a look.

edit on 22/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Ghaddafi killed people so he should die.

An eye for an eye.

So, I'm guessing this applies to all who kill?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by kro32
Ghaddafi killed people so he should die.

An eye for an eye.

So, I'm guessing this applies to all who kill?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

but I would say that there does seem to be some evidence that he has also been a force for good in Libya

Hitler helped the Germans too right? thats laughable

Well believe it or not in many ways he did, however you have to study history to see what these were rather than go on gut reaction.

If you consider it laughable that Gadaffi ordered the construction of a water system that supplies (or should I say supplied) 70% of Libyans with water, then perhaps you would enlighten me as to what achievements a person might make that you would not consider laughable?

I was not painting him as a saint, merely saying that he has done some good. He may also have done evil, but that does not negate the benefits of the good. It is perfectly possible for someone to do both, after all most Governments do that all the time or we would not be on this board!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

And of course you know that he did not do that?

Perhaps you could provide evidence of this fact?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The article is interesting and is apparently based on a book by Vandewalle, an associate professor of government at Dartmouth. Obviously from such a short extract it is not possible to draw conclusions, neither is there any form of bibliography, The review on Amazon is glowing, but I suspect that is biased.

A review by a customer is somewhat telling: (An extract)

Second, and more importantly, the book lacks a surprising amount of detail. We are informed that a small group accomplished a coup against King Idris in September, 1969, but we are told almost nothing else: where did the coup happen? How did it happen? Perhaps a palace was stormed, or military installations seized? We are not even told of the fate of King Idris -- was he executed, banished, imprisoned, or left alone? These are all natural questions when dealing with something as momentous as the coup that changed Libya from a shaky kingdom to a radical, terrorist-sponsoring anti-state.

Source See review By Suchos

In another review by By Etienne ROLLAND-PIEGUE there is the statement

Ever since 1969 - or perhaps more precisely since the publication of The Green Book - Libya has pursued a policy of statelessness that, at least in theory, puts all powers in the hand of the people. Ironically, as statelessness was pursued, virtually all economic activity within the country came under state control.

Strikes me that all is perhaps not quite as black and white as has been portrayed? Whilst this states that economic activity came under the control of the State, it does not refute the suggestion that power devolved to the people. IF that is the case then one needs to investigate. Are we being fed lies?

From History, Qaddafi’s Regime

By the late 1990s observers suggested that Qaddafi had become interested in Libya’s participation in the international system not as a “rogue state,” as the United States had labeled the nation, but as a law-abiding member.

I would have to question that, if indeed he did make this offer, that he would have been listened to. This is quite interesting and I shall continue my research. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Ghaddafi killed people so he should die. An eye for an eye.

Nato have killed peeps too. Where does your thinking get us...Either we will end war or war will end us...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

"I can also confirm that the government in Tripoli was trying to reach out to countries that have played a key role in organizing and conducting military operations in Libya through all available channels."

Prove it or it didn't happen. If you can confirm it than do it or your just someone running their mouth.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Did you read the article and my whole post? I didn't say that, thats what former Croatian president said.
Also i don't think that at this moment its good for a politician to speak in a favor of Gaddafi. Gaddafi doesn't have much support around the world right now if you haven't noticed.

So lying about something like this makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dario86

It makes perfect sense for him to lie about it. They were friends, the better he can make him look to the public, the better he looks for being friends with him. If I was friends with a terrorist I would try to down play it too.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

And what does Mesić gets from it? An friend in jail or even dead friend (NATO policy is to kill and then ask a questions).

Anyway lets just watch and see what will happen in Tripoli.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just want to say my opinion .
This is not a revolution. This is a ROBBERY .
Plain and simple .
Who are the leaders of the so-called revolution? 14 year old kids that barely know how to keep a Kalashnikov in hand?
Let's not forget that among those so-called revolutionaries are many Al-Qaeda fighters. And they get support from Americans? Do not you find it the height of stupidity and guts?
Oil contracts with Libya were very problematic at the edge of profitability. Because it had to be removed.
Do not forget that until the last moment said: I am a Bedouin warrior and die with sword in hand! No one throws me out of my country!
Real dictators are cowards, they run away or hide at the first sign of revolt.
That it was a very good negotiator, all oil contracts were signed only on Libyan soil.
Everything was built in Libya was built by foreign ... schools, roads, highways, all the infrastructure.

Who cares about the future of those poor people?

But that should clarify it :
Trump Proposes "We Take The Oil" In Libya After Rebel Victory: "In The Old Days ... [It Was] To The Victor Belong The Spoils"

In šāʾ Allāh

إن شاء الل
edit on 23/8/2011 by villunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by villunder

Libyan people will realize that sooner or later.
Maybe it is a good thing that they got rid of Gaddafi but they should get rid of NATO as soon as possible too.
NATO is there only to exploit them.
edit on 23/8/11 by dario86 because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join