It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American schools are unconstitutional!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I mean, self defense is the right to citizens that is highly valued among the general population. If not for the right to defend yourself, hundreds, if not thousands more would die or be injured each year as a result of defending their loved ones and home.

Just a quick side note-to-self, ATS should hold debate competitions for those who want to TEST THEIR MIGHT.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mach5
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

The second Amendment does state that you have the right to defend yourself in an equal amount relative to the proportion of the attack. Fists? Combat with fists. Home invader with an assault rifle? Combat to kill. The 14th Amendment backs this up as being inalienable. The entire Constitution grants autonomy to any given American (A teenage mom can decide to have an abortion or not, etc). Research research research. Still pisses me off though how they can do that under our noses.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Source.

Where exactly does it "state that you have the right to defend yourself in an equal amount relative to the proportion of the attack"?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

I don't think you are allowed to fight in school. I think you both have to go. They have a large body of students to protect. School is no place for fights or fighters unless they are on the wrestling or school boxing team.

American Schools are unconstitutional because they force taxpayers to pay for something they do not want or use whether or not they have children. By virtue of our constitution there shouldn't even be public schools...or federal highways or hospitals or emergency services..or etc. etc....ad infinitum.
edit on 21-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Instead of just saying it's unconstitutional why don't you bring up the actual article and clause.

Too many people throw the word unconstitutional around without knowing anything about it.

Not implying you are doing that but just that I notice that alot.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...reply to post by TreadUpon

There is more, just google a little, my friend.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Instead of just saying it's unconstitutional why don't you bring up the actual article and clause.

Too many people throw the word unconstitutional around without knowing anything about it.

Not implying you are doing that but just that I notice that alot.

Because unlike some people around here I DON'T think the Constitution is holy and perfect and I won't swallow the whole thing as is. I don't think the intentions of our forefathers are even being interpreted correctly and a great deal of it I don't agree with.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I really wanted to point out the fact where American schools are hypocritical, banning the very thing that they are being taught about. Its incredibly sad how American education is going downhill to the point that students dont value education anymore.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What if the fight was entirely unprovoked on your end? Self defense is what it is - protection against a hostile force. I agree - There are hundreds of students that learn there, but violence shouldnt be banned to the point where "Fight Back = Double Punishment!"

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There's a reason that they don't teach The Constition, Bill of Rights, or Declaration of Independance in schools in the USA anymore.

They don't want people to know what their rights ARE.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Very, very true. The U.S. is a sinking ship, and education is the biggest hole of them all.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

I mean, its all a matter of how schools and their social-control powers want to handle students.

People WILL fight for their rights when backed into a corner.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

I'm still waiting for you to answer my last post... Or at least man up and admit you were talking out your backside... either one will suffice...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join