It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FRACTAL GEOMETRY. I want to learn this science. Is there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I want to learn this science. Is there anyone here capable, and more so, willing to help me learn?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by starrmtn001
I want to learn this science. Is there anyone here capable, and more so, willing to help me learn?

If you really want to learn Fractal Geometry,use the internet,you can find a lot of good information.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
nevermind...read it wrong

edit on 21-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by starrmtn001

I only charge $8 an hour to tutor students,
$16 an hour to tutor minors,
and $32 an hour comercial.

Seeing as this is the internet, I'll have to make a new category. $64 an hour.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by starrmtn001

It requires a great deal of Math; in fact you have to be able to deal with differential equations and that is pretty advanced stuff.

How's your Math?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Pick up "The Fractal Geometry of Nature" by Benoit Mandelbrot and go to town.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Looks like David has given you a little 'Egyptian' Math puzzle to figure out...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There's a solid book on complex analysis that ought to point you in the right direction. Here's a link: usf.usfca.edu...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For starters you should replace science with math. Teach your self. You have the world knowledge at your finger tips. All you have to do is search. I found that drawing sacred geometry really helps one understand the concepts behind fractal geometry. If you cant draw use a program like photo shop, flash or even windows paint. Start with the seed of life. You should color it in so that one side reflects the other, or so that each 4 corners match each other. You will learn allot just by drawing sacred geometry. If you do not have a understanding of PHI then dont even touch fractal geometry.
edit on 21-8-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Fractals have been a passionate subject for me for awhile - and I see some great resources already recommended to you in earlier reply posts.

I have another that might be of interest, but first I should ask - is your interest in the subject based exclusively in the mathematical concepts, etc., or is it piqued by the way fractals find their way into our Universe? I ask because great sources for one would not necessarily translate to the other, and I don't want to recommend something out of your "interest zone."

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your wisdom and input. I just watched a Nova special on Fractal Geometry. It really sparked my interest. However, I have no foundation in geometry, and only a practical foundation of functional math at best. Guess I had better sign up for one more lifetime if I want to learn this stuff lol.
edit on 22-8-2011 by starrmtn001 because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

A nice introductory fractal is the Sierpinski triangle/carpet. You can plot this yourself in Excel and it's super simple. This shape comes right out of Pascal's triangle (itself one of the most interesting objects in fundamental number theory). It also comes out of the boolean logical AND operation: en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a good video on how to plot it in Excel/Openoffice calc etc: www.youtube.com...

This object was used widely by medieval Italian masons/marblers called the Cosmati - these guys knew a lot about sacred geometry and important underlying mathematical laws of nature.

Some amazingly cool stuff is coming out of the Mandlebulb fractal recently:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Fractals in nature. As I mentioned, my foundation in math is functional at best, and I have no foundation in geometry at all. Still, I've always noticed and have been aware of the asymmetrical and infinite patterns of forms, living or inert, since I could remember. I just never know it had a name.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Here is something close to the Sierpinski triangle in nature:

www.gmilburn.ca...

If you understand how this algorithm works, you understand something fundamental about nature and computation.

new topics

top topics

join