It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunt pilot killed in fiery air show crash after plane nosedives into deadly downward spiral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Stunt pilot killed in fiery air show crash after plane nosedives into deadly downward spiral

www.dailymail.co.uk

A stunt pilot has been killed in fiery crash during an air show after his plane appeared unable to get out of a downward spiral.

The biplane plummeted nose-first into the ground at the downtown Kansas City air show, after the pilot was unable to pull out of a manoeuvre.

No spectators were injured, Missouri Department of Aviation spokesman Joe McBride said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
... footage from the crash

Witnesses told the Kansas City Star that the red biplane was performing loops, then couldn't pull up from a downward spiral. They said the crowd fell silent when the plane hit the ground and burst into flames.

I can only imagine what this pilots last words were between him and the control tower.

Its too freaky to begin to think about the persons last thoughts.

www.dailymail.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-8-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm not very familiar with the workings of these planes, do they have the ability to eject? I know he would be ejecting sideways but anything has to be better than nose diving.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is why stunt shows are retarded, people are all frantic about the fact that people dy, yet the thrill of the show is how the stunts are so near death situations. Its almost to be expected

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by geraldcole

The pilot, Bryan Jensen (RIP) was flying a custm built bi-plane, dubbed 'The Beast.' It certainly is (was) a heck of an airplane and its a shame to see that Mr. Jensen suffered this fate, although if he had to choose a way to go, I'm sure flying his plane would be the logical choice.

You can read mre about Jensen and the Beast here:

Beast Airshows

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
While he died tragically, he died doing exactly what he wanted to do, flying.
He died the way many of us realist want to die, "...with our boots on..." as the saying goes.

(No, I'm not a flyer, mine may well be while using my chainsaw, or a sudden heart attack as I walk my property some morning.)

new topics

top topics

join