It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandora. Would you go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm curious to find out, if you were given the chance to go to Pandora (from James Cameron's Avatar) would you go and what would you want to go as? For example, an Avatar driver, AMP suit driver, or just a Marine. I just want to find out everyones opinion on this matter. (Time is before Navi uprising)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I would totally go as the HOT blue alien chick and like, totally check myself out heaps in the mirror and such

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yes I would go and I would go as me. Because Well... I like being me...

But it would be fun to put on one of those avatars and be able to do everything that the Navi could do.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
I would totally go as the HOT blue alien chick and like, totally check myself out heaps in the mirror and such

I'd go as the spacecraft driver and nuke the pesky blue critters from orbit after the 'rebellion'.

Come on, you know we would.

The owner of the high ground wins. The end.

edit on 21-8-2011 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
there are very few people who wouldn't want to experience that.

the end of the movie bothered me somewhat. the other humans that helped the na'vi who don't have avatars would run out of oxygen, and even if they didn't, what would they do there? its a couple guys with no human females on a planet with a overtly large and aggressive ecosystem. they couldn't hunt, ride any of the animals, or do anything but stay in the tree. and since pandora is the only planet with unobtanium, the beaten company would go home, get a larger force, and kill everything. napalm and nuke the whole area where they're mining.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Why did you post this thread in cryptozoology??
WHY?
This thread hasnt got anything to do with cryptozoology.

edit on 21-8-2011 by meathed because: my edumacation never learnt me proper

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
there are very few people who wouldn't want to experience that.

the end of the movie bothered me somewhat. the other humans that helped the na'vi who don't have avatars would run out of oxygen, and even if they didn't, what would they do there? its a couple guys with no human females on a planet with a overtly large and aggressive ecosystem. they couldn't hunt, ride any of the animals, or do anything but stay in the tree. and since pandora is the only planet with unobtanium, the beaten company would go home, get a larger force, and kill everything. napalm and nuke the whole area where they're mining.

Glad to see i'm not the only one who thought the ending laughable. If written realistically the sequel to Avatar would be about 20 mins of bright flashes and big mushrooms.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
No.
It was just a movie and a bad one at that.

This is a review by someone who doesn't pull punches. (Warning some R rated language in review- if offended by such don't watch)

edit on 21-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Right on with the video review. Avatar is an easily watchable film, with plenty of entertainment value, but its so cliched and predictable. For a movie buff like me its hard to understand where all the hype comes from. I too wondered what the point of the navi rebellion was. Lets be honest, it kinda stretched my imagination seeing the pterodactyls taking down fighter jets, some awful pilots, should have used their guns a bit more and shot those birds down from a distance, but, what really gets me is, wont more just come next time? Lets be realistic here, some government had authority to send an army in to take resources by whatever means available, and were supposed to believe after one lost batter their going to change all that legislation, cancel all the avatar projects, and just say nevermind to the minerals? Come on. When in history has that happened?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The humans use scrubers to take the bad materials out of the air and I only accidentaly put it in this forum.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by therealwolf90

The only way I'd go is in a HUGE craft of some kind, bigger than any other living thing on that world.

Going to Pandora would be like going swimming in an Australian beach...wading into plenty of things all designed to KILL you quickly.... Nevermind the man-eating sharks, you also have some of the deadliest, most venomous creatures in the world off that coast. Jellyfish that can kill you in minutes, even stepping on a Stonefish, etc. Who wants to die because they stepped in the wrong place?

No thanks.

top topics

join