It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 shot in SF parking lot after Raiders-49ers game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Two men were shot and wounded in the parking lot of Candlestick Park after a preseason NFL game Saturday night between the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders, police said. The shootings occurred around 8 p.m., shortly after the 49ers' 17-3 victory, police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said. The victims are a 24-year-old man who was in a hospital with life-threatening injuries and a 20-year-old man who was hospitalized and was expected to survive, Andraychack said. Their names have not been released. "We don't know if these guys are fans of either ball club, we have not confirmed that, we don't even know if they attended the game, though that's a safe assumption," Andraychak said. Police have not made any arrests or identified any suspects, and could not immediately say how many assailants there may have been. It was also unclear what the victims were doing in the parking lot. The 49ers issued a statement acknowledging the shootings and the investigation, but offering no further details. The violence was not the first involving a San Francisco sports team's game this year. In March, San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was severely beaten by two men in Los Angeles Dodgers gear outside Dodger Stadium after the teams' season opener. He remains in San Francisco hospital with in serious condition with brain injuries. Two suspects have been charged in the case.

link

This is crazy, fans seem to be getting out of control, if they were fans, I was a security guard and Yankee Stadium and was bit by a drunk fan, do you think that this is one time thing, or some fans are out of control

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
it's really ridiculous

i know that i would not wear my teams jersey to at least 2 (maybe now three) stadiums. Baltimore being the first. it just spells trouble.

and raiders fans are nuts....and things haven't been going well for them ...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

It really is, I live inn Phoenix and I hesitate to wear my Yankee jersey to avoid the same drama

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm a huge NFL fan, and this is absolutely absurd.. Note to sports fans "it's a F'N game".. I dont condone fighting either in any way but jesus christ atleast fight someone at a game why do guns have to be involved?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It's because the 9ers are running so many plays out of the shotgun. Haha. 9ers goin to super bowl this year son.

new topics

top topics

join