It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Strikes Kurd Rebels In Iraq For Third Night.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You people have no idea what you're talking about honestly.

The Kurdish Region of Iraq is already separate. They have their own flag and are trying to get their own senate and what not but the Iraqi's aren't budging. They have went so far as harrasing and kicking Iraqi's out of majority Kurdish towns to make it look like Kurds are in the majority.

And to the dumb nut who made the Palestinian comparison. The Kurds are citizens in all of these countries, they have a right to vote, to become presidents, (and they have but you all wouldn't know since you don't know any history in these areas). For example, the current Turkish regime is half Kurdish, the PM's wife is Kurdish, one of the most prominent Presidents of Turkey: Ozal, was ethnically Kurdish. To compare the Kurd problem to the Israeli-Palestinian one would be utterly absurd. Yes the Turkish government has problems making Kurdish a medium of teaching in Turkish schools, and they are stupid for not allowing it, but these people are a part of the culture and have way too much power on their hands. Turkey isn't even made up of Turks, its made up of countless other ethnic groups like the Kurds. Should they all get up and ask for a land?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by Paulioetc15

I realize that Iraq remains unstable and that is why mentioned the situation involving the threats of violence by the Sadrists. However, the government can still publicly condemn such conduct, and urge members of the international community to speak out against it. Furthermore, the regional government in Iraqi Kurdistan is stable and could voice opposition to this conduct by the Turkey and Iran as well.

These unilateral attacks are promulgating future instability if nothing is done to address the matter. Families are being displaced, property destroyed, and civilians are being killed. This behavior is breeding more insurgents. I realize the fledgling government in Iraq has a lot on its table, but they can at least publicly condemn these illegal military operations by their more powerful neighbors along Iraq's northern border. The US is still there as well, and can offer some kind of assistance if the Iraqi military is unable to handle these cross border incursions. It is a mystery to me why so many are mute on this subject?

I don't know probably because of the media, they so heavily focused on the US and the Iraq. I mean why doesn't Iraqi government condemned it as a violations of it's sovereignty? Pakistan condemed us for our raid on the Bin Laden compound because we entered their territory without permission. But for Iraq, i don't know why Iraqi government didn't say anything about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by Paulioetc15

I realize that Iraq remains unstable and that is why mentioned the situation involving the threats of violence by the Sadrists. However, the government can still publicly condemn such conduct, and urge members of the international community to speak out against it. Furthermore, the regional government in Iraqi Kurdistan is stable and could voice opposition to this conduct by the Turkey and Iran as well.

These unilateral attacks are promulgating future instability if nothing is done to address the matter. Families are being displaced, property destroyed, and civilians are being killed. This behavior is breeding more insurgents. I realize the fledgling government in Iraq has a lot on its table, but they can at least publicly condemn these illegal military operations by their more powerful neighbors along Iraq's northern border. The US is still there as well, and can offer some kind of assistance if the Iraqi military is unable to handle these cross border incursions. It is a mystery to me why so many are mute on this subject?

I don't know probably because of the media, they so heavily focused on the US and the Iraq. I mean why doesn't Iraqi government condemned it as a violations of it's sovereignty? Pakistan condemed us for our raid on the Bin Laden compound because we entered their territory without permission. But for Iraq, i don't know why Iraqi government didn't say anything about it.

Do you seriously think that the puppet government of Iraq-who is under complete control from IRAN- and too busy stealing money and pumping their own pockets, is going to bother supporting the rights of its citizens?

Heck, do you even know that the condition in Iraq is much much worse than Saddams time? that people get electricity for a FEW HOURS a day, and water, barely?

Leaving that aside, you seriously think they have ANY control in the Northern region? They don't. The Northern region is completely and utterly under Kurdish rule, and they know better than to get up and say something about Turkeys incursions. They depend on the Turkish government to send them business opportunities and will never defend PKK fighters to their face.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

edit on 21-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

No need to get all condescending with your remarks. Your input is duly noted, but you mention a lot material, but no facts. To me it is all conjecture, and opinion. Prove to me that Turkey is such the utopia as you claim it to be for Kurds or any other ethnic group. Please alleviate my ignorance on the subject, and everyone else who has contributed to this subject.

Why is the PKK launching attacks on Turkey, and why has there not been a ceasefire if things are so good as you claim? Apparently, there is something amiss or the armed struggle would have ended long ago. I am interested to see where you get your material on the subject, and by all accounts you may be correct about the situation of ethnic Kurds in Turkey? However, we are not talking about Turkey here. We are talking about military incursions by Turkey into Iraq.

As for similarities with Palestinian struggle? I see some similarities, but again it is only my opinion. Both groups have been discriminated against, both are engaged in armed struggle, and both are seeking a homeland. Is that not similar? Perhaps, we are all wrong and you are the most knowledgeable about this subject? By all means, please enlighten us. Just next time, perhaps you could pepper a few sources into your remarks?
edit on 21-8-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Turks & Kurds have lived together for well over a 1000 year .

Bombing is not going to solve the PKK problem imho .

Do Turks have a right to bomb Iraq's territory ?

I think legalities are in place because Turkish Government is not really a banana republic .

A Kurdish homeland is sought and fought for by many Kurds but the actual foundation of an exclusive Kurdish homeland IS a rather difficult thing to do .

It would be even more difficult then foundation of Israel indeed .

Only possible way for Kurds to have a homeland is , to get some support from their neighbours , peacefully .

Currently , 4 neighbouring people's of Kurds ( Turks , Iranians , Iraqis , Syrians ) are not in favour of granting the Kurds an exclusive homeland .

Ironically , a peacefull resolution to a Kurdish problem in the middle east would actually bring about the ww3 for sure .

So , should the Kurdish aspirations of independence to be supported at cost of ww3 ?

How do we like them apples ?

edit on 21-8-2011 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

I don't know but the hated them so much they refuse to do it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by 23432

I don't know but the hated them so much they refuse to do it.

I don't think I get your meaning in it's entirety .

Can you expand on your thought process maybe ?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
And to the dumb nut who made the Palestinian comparison.

Yeah... Im not a dumb nut but thanks anyways.

They are very much in the same category, with the only difference being the Arab governments are taking the role they accuse Israel of when dealing with the Palestinians.

In case you overlooked this in your history, feel free to show me where palestinians had citizenship prior to the creation of Israel. Feel free to show me what citizenship palestinians had who lived in the west bank and gaza strip, both iof which were under the control of Egypt and jordan.

Dont be so quick to dismiss a paralell in the region for the sole basis of it makes the arabs look bad.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by nusnus
And to the dumb nut who made the Palestinian comparison.

Yeah... Im not a dumb nut but thanks anyways.

They are very much in the same category, with the only difference being the Arab governments are taking the role they accuse Israel of when dealing with the Palestinians.

In case you overlooked this in your history, feel free to show me where palestinians had citizenship prior to the creation of Israel. Feel free to show me what citizenship palestinians had who lived in the west bank and gaza strip, both iof which were under the control of Egypt and jordan.

Dont be so quick to dismiss a paralell in the region for the sole basis of it makes the arabs look bad.

Mate, it's nothing like the Israel/Palestine issue..

The Kurds are not in a prison, surrounded by walls and borders..
Every item they eat,use or transmit is not controlled by others..
They do not have roads and settlements of a foreign power on their land..

And no offense, but your citizen statement is plain stupid..
You are merely referring to a piece of paper invented recently that states what is already so...
I'm honestly tired of all these pieces of paper I need for everything including birth,death,marriage,driving and owning a dog..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join