It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 404 War!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by The GUT

...As for your fellow ATSers, the staff has a policy not discuss other members as a matter of privacy...

Now that SonicInfinity mentions it: That is the kind of "blanket" that can be misused. I mean I have a real concern for the particular member I referenced. I appreciated his double-d sized balls and that he stuck to concrete down-to-earth issues.

The type of issues that could get you some unwarranted attention and powerful enemies. We are a family here and I don't believe he wouldn't want us to know he was okay. It hurts not to know just like he was a "real life" family member. I think about it and wonder: Does he need our help?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
*removed offensive quote*

As you should well know by now, ATS does not tolerate hate threads or the trolls that perpetuate them.

ETA: This was most unfortunate
Yeah, I missed it and it could look odd in a thread like this. I'm trusting you though.
Laughing with you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
That is the kind of "blanket" that can be misused.

There is no blanket of misuse. Rather this policy not to discuss other members stems from the common courtesy we afford each and every member -- the basic trust of assuring member privacy.

Which is why when registering with this site many members opt to use one of the many free email services available (Yahoo, GMail, etc.) as this affords them another level of anonymity.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

I've tried to believe and trust that the management is just trying to keep a clean board, but I feel it's sometimes an insult to our collective intelligence that we can't "police" the boards ourselves some and get to the bottom of suspect claims or deal with flaming malcontents for that matter.

Well sometimes I for one am glad some threads get tossed by the MODS while I too admit I sometimes have a morbid curiosity and would like to know what the fuss was all about.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Morbid curiosity does play a part, I stand convicted. And I do admit it's a somewhat complicated issue that refuses to be black & white. The other issue falls outside the morbid curiosity aspect though.

If you go missing I'ma freak out and come looking for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c43b732ddc0b.png[/atsimg]
edit on 20-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Brilliant.
Saved to hard drive.
The civil war aspect did not go unnoticed.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

for the "morbidly curious":
if you use Firefox or Chrome there is an add-on called Save My Tabs

save-my-browser-tabs

Save My Tabs ============ DESCRIPTION =========== Save My Tabs is an extension for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers that periodically saves info on all of your open tabs to a text file (window and tab numbers, URL and title of each tab). Please see individual directories for usage and installation details.

as i usually have 40 or more tabs open it's quite a common occurence to find that an interesting sounding thread has been 404'd with this add-on i can at least see what the title was and sometimes you can google that title and find the info elswhere.

hope this was of help.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yes, extremely helpful indeed. I need to get with it on a lot of things apparently. Thank you, I'm sure it has it's uses all around the web.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If I may, I think I have a decent suggestion for the threads that get 404'd. Just make a trash bin. Any thread that breaks the rules, just move it to the trash bin with no option of replying or doing the stars and flags.

That way it would satisfy our curious minds on the disappearing threads. If the staff has extra time, they could also go a step further and make a reply on the thread before they trash it explaining why it got shut down. So anyone who goes to the trash bin for the purpose of finding out why a particular thread got shutdown, they will have their answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join