It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helping Your Candidate Win In 2012 - Information You Need To Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A painful lesson was recently learned. We can share information about Primaries, becoming a delegate, etc. but we're not allowed to 'recruit' for any specific candidate. I think many of us know who ATS highly favors anyway.

First, many states have closed primaries.

What is a Closed Primary?

A closed primary election is one in which voters choose from candidates only from the party in which they are registered. This differs from an open primary in that an open primary allows a voter to cast his/her vote within whichever contest (Democrat, Republican, Green, etc.) the voter chooses.

So in order for a Republican candidate to win in many states, his supporters would need to be registered Republican. Same with other parties.

Is My State an Open or Closed Primary?

Open and Closed Primaries by State

You CAN register online here. In addition, you can grab a registration form at your local DMV. Just fill it out and send it in. It is imperative that you do this asap. The Primaries can make or break your candidates run for the Presidency. Your being registered to vote in that Primary is not to be ignored. (unless you're in an Open Primary state of course)

When Is My State's Primary?

2012 Presidential Primaries, Caucuses and Conventions Chronologically

I cannot say for sure how accurate this is for all states. It is accurate for Oklahoma. I have heard some states have canceled their primaries due to budget. I suggest researching to find out.

One of the most important but unknown areas is becoming a Delegate.

What is a Delegate?

A delegate is essentially a super-voter; They get to vote for the GOP nominee. Regular voters will ONLY be voting to determine the number of delegates for the candidates in your state Primary (or caucus); Regular voters can’t vote for the GOP nominee. Remember, our system of government is a republic and not a democracy. Now you can understand why it’s so important to become a delegate because delegates determine who the GOP nominee is!

How do I become a Delegate?

More information here.

Also, I strongly suggest meeting other like-minded individuals. Meet Up groups are effective.. From sign making, collecting donations, door to door canvassing and talking to other people in the community, Meet Up is a great place for spreading awareness. Just type in your candidates name and get started. Additionally, many campaigns may have a volunteer link on their page.

We cannot leave out social networking. With sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. it's easier than ever to spread awareness to lots of people.

Last but not least - DONATIONS! Campaigning is expensive! If you want your candidate to win, be prepared to help with the cause.

Doing all of these things will increase your candidates chance of winning. Passion and determination are good but having this knowledge may be the key to seeing your candidate give the next State of the Union address from the White House.

Good luck to everyone!

Many of us know who ATS favors. But please try to keep from linking this thread to candidate specific pages or "recruiting." Let's keep this information up for everyone to share and add to. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks for re-posting this.

What someone really needs to do, is make a simply webpage, so it can be more easily spread.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

What someone really needs to do, is make a simply webpage, so it can be more easily spread.

Well, I copied the OP exactly and put it on WordPress. How to help your candidate win in 2012

I did some editing of course. If anyone has any additional thoughts, feel free to add!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

This is very important.

I feel bad for the good dr.
who was ban hammered
without knowing that little clause..

OPEN AND CLOSED primaries
are a majore issue with RP
getting electing...
edit on 20-8-2011 by drinoculateme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Taking Ron Paul out of the title really slows down the traffic on threads...
But if he is to win the GOP nomination, the steps mentioned have to be shared. Any other ideas are appreciated!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I posted a thread very similar to yours earlier tonight, I hope it doesn't get deleted!! I worked hard!

Then again, I know a mod has already been on my thread so I guess I'm alright.
(:

Great information! Like I said, pretty much the same as mine, although mine is Ron Paul specific.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

There was another thread that was Ron Paul specific. That is the thread I was talking about in my, "We learned a painful lesson..." statement. lol It made it several pages and included MOD discussion and support. It got deleted for 'recruiting'.
So I had to make this one but leave out the specifics of a candidate. Good luck tho! I'll have to check it out...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I see, I see. Well the only link in mine is to a site listing primaries, otherwise I'm not "technically" recruiting lol. I guess we will see.

Thanks for checking it out ahead of time if you do end up doing so. It is appreciated.
(:

top topics

join