It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What 'type' of person are you

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ok theres a stereotyping undertone to this you will have to forgive, but I was just interested in what type of people are 'waking up'.

Are you the 'typical' anorak with newspaper cuttings on the wall in a dark basement packed full of water and dry rice. Or a more 'normal' family middle/working class person, or maybe the popular kid at school/college, or the loner type?

Myself, im 21 I go on nights out with friends kind of regular, but I can also be kind of reclusive. I have no problems with spending time by myself just as easily as I spend time with friends. I work hard 6 days a week and Im not afraid to share with people that im a 'conspiracy theorist'. I dont preach doom to people, I just tell them they should open their minds to 'alternative' views on certain events i.e 9/11.

Edit: I should add that when I discuss conspiracys with people, more often than not these people share similar views that 'somethings going on' which surprised me a bit. They dont all seem to be as into this sort of stuff as me though.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
im the type of person that is getting hard to define as a specific type of person to begin with.

but if i could pick one label.

id say im crazy

specially when deep down i feel like everyone is just like me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Okay, I'll play..

33 midwesterner, partnered to the same person for 13 years.

Both have very good jobs, no kids, few bills.

2 dogs.

Closet case conspiracy theorist..well until enough wine is applied then I'm a raging conspiracy theorist..lol

Don't really do MSM..have about 20 news apps on my iPad and iPhone I get tons of alerts if someone big happens..on ATS probably WAY too much!
edit on 19-8-2011 by Stovokor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

No one would describe me as normal, but, I live a normal lifestyle. Married, 32, 3 kids a guinea pig, living in rural Canada. Full time job. 2 vehicles (one very old). I have a desire to seek the truth and don't believe man has been to the moon, that 9/11 was an inside job (of sorts), not sure where I sit yet with the whole Nibiru thing yet...but the Survival forum is my favorite and I do have plans in case TSHTF. I don't think it is weird, just some more insurance that I hopefully won't need.

ps- I do not believe that you don't have a beard.
edit on 19-8-2011 by superman2012 because: forgot to talk about the beard issue

edit on 19-8-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Haha what type of 'crazy'??

I think I can be a bit crazy aswell, but not ready for the house of head bangers yet.

@Stovokor I have a dog aswell

If I could be bothered id provide photographical evidence, but youl just have to take my word for it.... I DONT have a beard

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would type a longer response but this dead body next to me is starting to smell so I have to chop it up and get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My personality comes and goes, depending on who I'm with. I can be loud and funny with my friends, or very parental or "maternal" if the situation warrants. Sometimes I like to be alone, a few days or a week or two at a time. But I enjoy others company when I'm in the mood. I'm usually easy going and peaceful, but put me in a stressful situation and I can turn into a real beast

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
One who's been around the block, so to speak. A loyal friend, once you've gotten past my initial defenses, pretty straightforward, with no interest or patience with drama. Maybe boring to some, but secure in myself, curious, and having my own interests and goals. Just myself, with no apologies offered to anyone, and hopefully none heing necessary.
I have no idea if I'm any "type" at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hi there! I am a 36 year old, highly educated western Canadian who loves a good conspiracy to make me think every once and awhile. I tend to be an introvert naturally, but love to stretch myself to the extrovert when I am with people I trust.

I believe that the truth is out there and it is up to us to find out what it is. Everyone lies and is lied to, therefore we need to weed through the small truths and bigger lies to figure out what is really going on.

I love ATS as it allows individuals to post their 'theories' in a safe envoiroment, and who knows...maybe they are right??

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by kro32

so youre the type of person who watches too much tv uh? though i wonder if you do devote time to anything but posting on ats..

i think most of us knew that by now.

oh and nothing does the job like sulfuric acid, if you can stand the smell.

by the way, this is one of those type of threads where even if we go way offtopic, irrelevant and or ridiculous.
its still showing what type of people we are.

right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Well I think everyone is a 'type' no matter how individual they think they are. Weve all felt those times when you meet someone and slowly discover they are almost exactly the same as you in the way they act/think etc. Its what brings groups of friends together.

The people who think they are more 'individual' are just those who are less afraid to express themselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
...i'm often a sorta kinda crabby old woman who frequently wishes i could reach thru the monitor and smack the crap out of people who use the phrase "wake up"...

...other than that, i'm generally very tolerant of young people, women that respect my home by leaving their gossip outside, males with a fully functional brain and purty much all critters - as long as - they dont whine, expect me to wait on them, think my kitchen is a cafe, try to boss me around, try to harm me or pee/poop on my floors or furniture...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Sulfuric acid bothers my dogs plus it makes the paint on the walls fade and I hate repainting. I've found that if you have small enough pieces however that it makes lovely snack food for the pigeons on my college campus and the harder material can be ground up and used as chalk for my pool que.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
you people are my only friends.

i am forced to be online all the time, everything i need is shoved under my door. messes up my tuesday tacos.

i think i am on an island, they say i am #6.

the balloon!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm 27, haven't set foot in the U.S. since 2008, work as a security contractor in Afghanistan currently, Iraq before that, spend my free time in Southeast Asia...though I'm preparing to return to the states...and am quite apprehensive about that. Not sure what's waiting for me back there...it's been so long.

By defenition I'd say I'm an introvert, but spend alot of time out with friends at clubs and such...at least overseas. Back home I'm more of a homebody...wonder why that is?
edit on 19-8-2011 by bobdigi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
born and raised in the good old us of a

got mixed up in gangs / got sent 2 live in Canada where I now reside.

When I'm not skywatching Im here on ats

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

thats why ceramic tiles and masonry were invented long ago.

plus you allow your victims to be eaten by other lifeform thus making their matter and protein usefull?
no victim is worthy of such honorable deed.

i knew it kro, you re such a treehuger

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My official stance on the vast majority of conspiracies are that a retarted monkey could come up with better...yet I entertain the notions because they are...entertaining.
Sometimes I argue things I don't agree with. But the biggest thing I actively think about is when my dad caught me reading my grandmother's reams of Weekly World News. He told me to stop reading them (conspiracy theories too) because it was easy to get caught up in, even when you know the information was not real. I guess you could say he sucked all the potential for belief right out of me. It's really easy to suspend disbelief in favor of the improbable, especially in the face of the fact that there are things people really do try to hide.

It's a bit of a love-hate relationship. But then all stereotypes wind up having this type of relationship with me. (For instance, I was definately a Goth, when I bothered to "dress the type". Now I think I'm too old to attempt to dress like that. Sorry, Black fading to blue lipstick doesn't look cute on a 30 year old bearded lady.
.)
edit on 19-8-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: Retarted Monkey Moment.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm a 48 year old with ADHD, 2 kids, a wife, a dog.

Or I'm a hyper-intelligent mega-being with super powers and a cool car. (this IS the intraweb, after all)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
33, married, 2 cats, work too much.

I don't really have any friends that live close to me. Everybody that I used to ponder the ifs with either got addicted to world of warcraft or got families or both. I'm social, but only if I happen to be out for something. No bars, no clubs, I have a general disdain for the college crowd.

I would say I'm pretty normal in appearances, don't really know what others would say as I don't ask em.

But generally I get treated like a nice guy so I'll go with that.

Funny.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join