It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez asks for his gold...SP downgrades him right after

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Coincidence my butt.

S&P Cuts Venezuela's Credit Rating; Outlook Stable

Standard & Poor's on Friday downgraded Venezuela's credit ratings as it implemented a new methodology more heavily focused on political risk—a key weakness in the oil-producing country.

S&P cut Venezuela's long-term sovereign rating to B-plus from BB-minus. The outlook on the new rating is stable. The agency's new methodology was published on June 30, a little more than a month before it invoked political concerns to downgrade U.S. credit ratings.

Yeah it's TOTALLY not connected to this uh?
Hugo Chavez Demands 99 Tons of Venezuelan Gold Returned From the Bank of England/ JP Morgue

S&P, as corrupt as ever.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

He will be lucky if the American's don't send the tanks in. They have to protect the US dollar, right?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We would be handed our ass in a jungle combat in Venezuela. Chavez is doing what a ton of investors are doing, holding physical gold. Squew these "rating agencies" they helped build the mess and are still playing games. I hope he can build a succession to his policies after the cancer get him but given the track record in latin america it is unlikely
seed

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Chavez is probably wondering howcome the smell of sulphur and brimstone is now stronger than ever.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

We do not have to send our own troops in the deal with Chavez. That is why we have been funding, training and arming Columbia for over the past few decades. Columbia has an armed force four times the size of the Venezuelan force. Not to mention the Columbian armed force is modernized both in equipment and training vs comparatively rag tag force in Venezuela. No contest.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

He will be lucky if the American's don't send the tanks in. They have to protect the US dollar, right?

Indeed... they don't have to protect the dollar... they have to protect JPMorgan...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I wonder what claims the American Oil companies that had operations in Venezuela that were taken and Nationalized by the communist Chavez government could make against the gold reserves here. A lot of companies that were nationalized lost not only the infrastructure, but future production of gas and oil which rights were owned by these companies. When I heard he wanted all the gold back, that was the first thing I thought about.

Probably nothing will happen, except possibly getting tungsten bars covered in a little gold back that the US Treasury has been noted for dealing around the world, may make it to Venezuela. What is he going to do, attack the US?
edit on 19/8/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We all knew this war was gonna happen sooner or later, He doesn't know what he's bringing to his country by demanding his countries gold back.

Maybe he will get gold plated depleted uranium shells.
edit on 19-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

LOL we all have seen how well arming and training unstable regimes work. Think Osama bin Laden, Noriega, the shah of Iran. Yeah I am sure they stand ready to do OUR bidding as long as it is convienient and keeps the dollars coming. then they will "Afghanistan" on our ass when the support runs out.
seed

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why do other countries let these Israel-controlled nations hold their gold is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Perhaps he will get some of those tungsten tainted bars.
My understanding is that even some of the most highly rated gold holders are relunctant to have their bars tested for fear they are bad, and that they will be stuck with them. Like testing for radiation in Japan. "Don't ask (test). Don't tell."

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wow, S & P really is out for blood if they have recently downgraded another countries credit rating, first the US, then France now Venezuela

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Dont countries have the right to ask for it back? someone fill me in

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What happens when a country like Germany asks for it's gold. It has 3,500 tonnes, more than 70% of this is held by the federal reserve.

It is all about to hit the fan. Chavez' request will be like a domino effect as more countries request their gold from foreign banks.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
What happens when a country like Germany asks for it's gold. It has 3,500 tonnes, more than 70% of this is held by the federal reserve.

It hits the fan is what happens.

If that POS Merkel is overthrown and a real patriotic leader comes in Germany and asks for gold, the world economy ponzi scheme ends overnight.

top topics

join