It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold margin hikes imminent!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Looks like the Gold margin hikes are coming early next week

as a result of the violatile environment at the present time, please be advised that exchange margins and House margins are likely to increase over the next couple of days. For exchange-specific reasons, please see your respective websites. IB will also be increasing the Gold derivitaves margin. please monitor any affected holdings closely and manage your risk accordingly

Link here

Don't forget gold margin was raised 22% last week during a natural pullback and it's run was not affected at all.

They are trying to pull the "silver margin smackdown" from early summer on gold too.

....but gold is not silver and in much harder to manipulate. There will not be many tools tptb have left if margin hikes do not get the price down.

Thoughts?

disclosure: I am currently long gold and silver. (naked long gold buyer
)
edit on 19-8-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
Looks like the Gold margin hikes are coming early next week

as a result of the violatile environment at the present time, please be advised that exchange margins and House margins are likely to increase over the next couple of days. For exchange-specific reasons, please see your respective websites. IB will also be increasing the Gold derivitaves margin. please monitor any affected holdings closely and manage your risk accordingly

Link here

Don't forget gold margin was raised 22% last week during a natural pullback and it's run was not affected at all.

They are trying to pull the "silver margin smackdown" from early summer on gold too.

....but gold is not silver and in much harder to manipulate. There will not be many tools tptb have left if margin hikes do not get the price down.

Thoughts?

I think you are right. Gold and silver have become runaway trains. There is a massive short squeeze on the physical metal as countries are beginning to wake up. People have lost their trust in financial institutions holding their bullion.

Gold and Silver trade at 100 times the underlying physical metal in the form of paper certificates, much like banks only hold 10% cash for the electronic deposits. Things are about to go very pear shaped, Gold and Silver will go to extraordinary levels.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would just like to add that right now gold bullion costs about $1990 an ounce

www.mintproducts.com...

Wow.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
way cool!

i'll wait till 2300 oz.

and sell.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As predicted, the CME raised gold margin requirements by 27 percent today

Gold Margins have been increased at the CME by 27%, as if this wasn’t expected. The hike explains yesterday’s drop in gold prices and the accelerated move lower today. This comes on the heels of a 22% margin increase just two weeks ago. Two days ago, the Shanghai Gold Exchange raised margins 26%.

LINK

The gold smackdown is on, this may be the most current best buying opportunity for a while. I certainly dipped in and grabbed a few more silver oz. Just like in 2008 and 2009, the FED and tptb must try to slam down the price of gold before its announcement of QE3 monetary debasment. But this time, many will flock to the Hong Kong mercantile exchange (HKMEX) and slowly the spot and real price of gold and silver become very apparent. Look for the silver and gold backwardation

new topics

top topics

join