It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police must pay 330k for killing dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"When Lady came loping around the corner with her tail wagging, Officer Richard Antonsen shot the dog, according to the suit, which alleged excessive force, false arrest and illegal seizure for taking the dog's life."

"A law enforcement spokeswoman told the Tribune that the officers were protecting themselves."

im starting to wonder... are police secretly being turned into evil Cat People?
edit on 19/8/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags for external material

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
not nearly enough, he should be fired jailed raped in prison and family should be able to torcher the hell out of him then lets the dogs attack him and see how he likes it

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good. Maybe it will serve as a lesson to police that they are not, in fact, God.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Maybe police should be trained in identifying dangerous breeds and body language of dogs.

Very hard to believe a labrador posed any threat.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This should happen more often.
Too many innocent dogs being shot, causing great trauma to family.
To many their dog is as much a member of the family as is a child.

Yes, police definitely need training about dogs.
They seem to need training on determining which people are dangerous too.
There are far too many stories about old, injured, sick, and handicapped people being tazered, beaten and/or shot.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The evil cops have bee traind to kill any thing that may pose a danger.
they will shoot babies next. oh they did!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Its a shame that the officer responsible probably won't have to pay any of that fine.

Lawsuits like this, while they do provide some relief for those who suffered losses, ultimately let the real guilty go free with no penalties while the taxpayers get stuck with the bill.

The officer who shot the dog should be the one punished in this case but, it sounds like the police will protect their own and continue to defend the indefensible.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
not nearly enough, he should be fired jailed raped in prison and family should be able to torcher the hell out of him then lets the dogs attack him and see how he likes it

:/

You sound like you could stand to be locked up yourself.....That is beyond disgusting.

Same goes for all who starred that.

Do you really think stooping to such a low level will accomplish anything?It won't. That would make things so much worse....

It would make you a hypocrite to. You are wanting to steal this cop from people that love them.....

You should win an award for most hypocritical post of the year.

Shame on you.

This is not to say that I in anyway support this cops actions.... But I am much more against YOUR proposed actions...

I mean it. Shame on you.
edit on 19-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

interesting username, heres some truth:

ca·thar·sis    /kəˈθɑrsɪs/ Show Spelled[kuh-thahr-sis] Show IPA noun, plural -ses  /-siz/ Show Spelled[-seez] Show IPA. 1. the purging of the emotions or relieving of emotional tensions, especially through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music. 2. Medicine/Medical . purgation. 3. Psychiatry . a. psychotherapy that encourages or permits the discharge of pent-up, socially unacceptable affects. b. discharge of pent-up emotions so as to result in the alleviation of symptoms or the permanent relief of the condition.

from my perspective its better to express what you feel about a situation honestly in words, rather than hold those feelings in where they become distorted, and rather than express them physically in violent actions.
"sticks and stones will break your bones but words will never hurt you."

and what have you contributed to this thread or even to your own life?
instead of commenting on what happened here, you distort and project towards someone else for expressing their emotions.

"shame on you"

indeed. maybe your problem is that you have been doing this shame on you mind control on yourself for so long that you cant even function as a healthy and happy human being. you must feed on the shame you inflict on others?

lol.. it sucks when people judge you for things you never meant to express doesnt it?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, I'll be damned.

The officer who shot the dog owes $2,000 in damages, and his supervisor owes $1,000, according to NBC.

They DID make the fascist pigs pay for their part in all this. All of a lousy three grand out of a $330,000 settlement. Not nearly enough in my opinion but, its still good to see them feel some pain for their crimes.

The taxpayers still got screwed for their actions and I'll bet they faced absolutely no official sanctions from their department for what they did.

edit on 8/19/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Too bad the taxpayers will be the ones covering this SOB's butt, he gets to pay 2k off of 330k, not too bad, Id take that.

Do you have something to say about the OP? I thought that posting useless answers was not allowed...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Many of the police officers being hired are ex Afghanistan and Iraq war veterans. They have been trained in urban combat and are now taking the role of police officer on the streets. Because we give the label of "hero" to every combat veteran we are asking for this type of treatment. It is not so easy for officers who have seen combat to not see blood and overreact to situations. This is not an all inclusive rule, but I think veterans that take a role as a police officer need additional screening. Combat can mentally screw some people up. We should be a bit more cautious and not fill every slot with returning veterans.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

and what have you contributed to this thread or even to your own life?

Perhaps you need to re-read the definition you posted and apply it to yourself? What a jerky thing to say.
Posting someone needs to be raped and burned and have dogs attack them is stupid, nothing else.
The cop is a complete idiot. There needs to be more training for cops. This happens all too often. Yes, these are true.
I suppose your stock answer for anyone offended by idiotic and pyschopathic language is posted above. Neat! Good luck on ATS.

CJ

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I would have duplicated that award then added $30,000,000 punitive damages. With the officer who shot the dog responsible for half of that. Let him feel some real pain.

top topics

join