It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Koobface worm variant effects bit torrent users.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
blog.trendmicro.com...

This worm has previously attacked social networking sites, but now the new variant takes advantage of bit torrent users. Basically an infected application from a torrent site opens up the torrent client and runs the worm in the background. I'm surprised torrent specific infection haven't been more widespread since so many people use it. I however wouldn't be surprised to find big media behind the development of this type of malware.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Very nasty little bugger this one i like the way it splits the binary to evade detection strict firewall rules should help prevent the hidden utorrent client but above all users are the front line and running new apps in a sandbox first can help prevent infections and not trusting anything you download.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Logged in just to flag and star this. The real threats out there draw my attention quicker than the imaginary ones. I haven't downloaded from there in a long time, but I download a lot of stuff, and you never know what tomorrow will bring. Appreciate the heads up guy...

new topics

join