It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beligum Tragedy As Falling Stage Crushes Music Fans (second such incident in a week.)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Another music festival has been hit with a freak storm resulting in the stage collapsing and festival goers being killed and injured.My deepest condolences to all the people involved.This latest collapse is less than an week since a similar storm hit the Indiana state fair killing five people. Whats going on ?

Four music fans killed and 71 injured as huge storm hits Belgian music festival

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Four people died yesterday and 71 were injured after a huge storm hit a Belgian Music festival, causing a stage to collapse.

The victims were all attending the Pukkelpop festival near the town Hasselt, east of Brussels, when the storm struck, bringing the stages down.

The Belgian media reported that trees were uprooted by the winds, which crashed onto the stage. There were also reports that big screens had fallen down.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The similar incident in Indianapolis

edit on 19-8-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
A friend of mine is now returning home after this accident.
Love to the families wich lost a member

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
an example of the masses attracting this reality as a result of the thought patterns they received and processed when they viewed the Indiana stage collapse

EDIT: remember when nuclear power plants started getting threatened all at the same time a while back?
edit on 19-8-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Not only is this the second similar incident in 2 weeks, it also is a third in a month or so. Talk about strangeness, my deepest respect and condolances to the affected peoples and families.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bauwser
Not only is this the second similar incident in 2 weeks, it also is a third in a month or so. Talk about strangeness, my deepest respect and condolances to the affected peoples and families.

Thats interesting have you got a link or info on that other incident Thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Here you go. Stage collapse in Ottawa - "Ottawa Bluesfest stage collapse 'a freak situation'"

The organizer of the Ottawa Bluesfest says the storm that collapsed the main stage of the festival on Sunday was a "freak situation," adding that officials made the right call to cancel the event moments before it happened.

3 in a month now! This is really bizarre!

edit on 19-8-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

wow lol i would not be surprised to see a fourth!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Thanks for that. Very interesting from that article www.cbc.ca...

He said the incident has never happened in Bluesfest's 18-year history and called the storm "a very unusual situation...just a freak situation."
Now we have three stage collapse incidents within a few weeks.
very strange coincidence.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

there is no such thing as coincidence!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I have friends going to this this weekend www.rewindfestival.com... I would advise them to stay away from the stage just in case. Not that I believe there is anything but a strange coincidence here but you never know.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Thanks for that. Very interesting from that article www.cbc.ca...

He said the incident has never happened in Bluesfest's 18-year history and called the storm "a very unusual situation...just a freak situation."
Now we have three stage collapse incidents within a few weeks.
very strange coincidence.

It's not strange, have you seen the weather in 1 of the movies? it';s like a hellhole. THAT's what strange. the weather is absurd!
No offence intended

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SickPsychh

I could not be there, lucky me so it seems... It really is a sad day!

Footage is did not see here!

www.deredactie.be... ctietips/MG_110818_PUKKELPOP/1.1090930

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So far 5 people died, 8 people are severely injured, 3 are still fighting for their lives.
Some 140 people with smaller injuries..

RIP for the youths who won't return home from what was supposed to be a beautiful partyweekend.
Strength for all wounded and for all friends and family involved.

I've heard most friends who were there, though not all yet. I assume/hope they're allright.

Footage from the moment the 'Chateau' tent collapsed:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Like someone said there are no coincidences. These are all a symptom of something. The most obvious is that these tents and stages were designed for a past era; one that was relatively calmer.

The weather has changed, worldwide, for the worse. Mother nature has upped the ante, upped the destructive power of her storms and these collapses are proof. Three in one month cannot be ignored.

These are signs of change. I don't think we've seen the worst of it yet.
edit on 8/19/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
times are changing indeed. Wonder how far it will...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Maybe they should just start calling these things off when the weather gets bad.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Portable stages were not designed to protect against these new violent storms.

This is the 3rd one now this summer correct? The Cheap Trick concert was first.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is there some connection between the sound waves/vibrations and the weather? Is the weather becoming reactive to certain circumstances? May sound crazxy, but these storms seemed to come from nowhere

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
an example of the masses attracting this reality as a result of the thought patterns they received and processed when they viewed the Indiana stage collapse

EDIT: remember when nuclear power plants started getting threatened all at the same time a while back?
edit on 19-8-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

Don't believe in coincidences either..... so, you might just have a point there.
Thats the first time i've watched the Belgian clips and that was some serious rain.
Same thing here yesterday, flash flooding, actually used the words apocalyptic rain in an email to my sister, she was approx 30 miles away and only had drizzle. not a drop today though , clear skies.
Wierd thing is that there was an airshow scheduled yesterday which had to be cancelled and it usually attracts thousands and thousands of people down to the beach.
Not sure what my point is actually..... just wierd that there are so many violent storms appearing to coincide with large gatherings of people.
Hmmn...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join