It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions rock British Council in Afghan capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Explosions rock British Council in Afghan capital

www.cnn.com

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Explosions and heavy automatic gunfire were heard hours after at least two suicide bombers attacked the British Council in the Afghan capital Friday.

White smoke billowed from a building in the compound for a time. It was not immediately clear what prompted the outburst.

British and Afghan security forces cordoned off the area in the center of the capital.

The attacks inside the heavy-guarded Kabul neighborhood killed at least eight people and wounded 10 others, the Afghan interior ministry said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Just came over the wire a few minutes ago. Will ahve time later for more comments. The strikes coincided with the 92nd anniversary of Afghan independence from Great Britain.

In the first attack, a militant drove a vehicle packed with explosives toward the Council's main security gate before detonating the device, according to Afghan police spokesman Hashamap Stanikzai.

The second man then attempted to enter the compound wearing a vest filled with explosives. He also detonated himself, Stanikzai said.

Gun fire could be heard throughout the incident and military helicopter circled overhead, said Muhammad Zahir, a police spokesman.

To the British on this forum, sorry for your loss.

It seems odd there was a report of a bombing at an American compound earlier today. Conspiracy? Connection?
www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-8-2011 by ErEhWoN because: thoughts

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Who the heck does Britain have as a guest or visiting in Kabul at the moment? This sounds like an awful lot of work to go through just to make a point. Prince William was talking about demanding to go back in April. He's still in England right??

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Last I heard, he was. But I havent been keeping up with his whereabouts lately.

Would really rock the world if he happened to be on that base.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I think it is about time that we pulled out of this hell whole. We have trashed the place enough if you look back through history. In the long term we do not stand a chance of doing anything good, political alliances are all very good for the moment they are in place, but when withdraw happens, eventually other agendas come into place and you are back to square 1.

They talk about we have to sort out this place once and for all, never going to happen, and it shouldnt happen, what business do we have there? Historically, it has always been a battle ground and no one has ever sorted it out, so is that going to change?

We need to take aside the wests bs agendas of controlling everything everywhere, and let them choose their own destiny, iraq is a classic example, is it safer now than it was ? no is the answer, it has just been plundered, and the rebuilding contracts completed by the west making some people even more rich than they were, great.

About time we all saw through the bs our governments perpetrate on each of us all the time, these wars are being committed in the name of each of our countries which in turn is equals each of it's citizens, well i personally dont want all this murder in my name with my blood on it. I do not want to see innocents killed which is happening, i do not want to see soldiers on any side of the fence being killed, but most of all i think it is time the west stopped unleashing it's bull# propoganda films everywhere and got down to the business of working for the benefit of it's own people and not against them.

Then again i think i must be going mad, because this will never happen whilst we have the type of lunatics running things that we have now, and that is not going to change, it has taken too long to get this idiots into their respective positions.

Rant over.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I dont mean to sound pessimistic, but if the worlds most powerful armies failed to defeat a rag-tag Afghan resistance in 10 years, I doubt they'd do it in another 10 years.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I could not agree more. We should have never went into that hellhole in the first place. It as only to please Bush.

But it will not happen, since Cameron is totally committed to keeping our troops there for as long as it takes, without counting the dead soldiers coming home in body-bags.

join