It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution: Are you truly a patriot? Most of you are not...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As a PATRIOT I support other peoples rights to their body and to do with it as they see fit. As long as it does not affect other unwilling people. And whether or not I agree with said activities, choose to conduct myself in said manner, or wish to... examples of how NOT ONE SINGLE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER can even consider theirselves "patriots"

1. free to prostitute, it is your body for crying out loud (although i don't like it and have daughters)..you can be paid to give foot rubs, be a sparring partner (human punching bag), cut hair, etc..

2. to use whatever substances you wish..heroine, coc aine, weed, meth, whatever... NOW if you become violent, a thief, or otherwise then you will be held accountable..

3. drive without a seatbelt, cycle without a helmet, or drive as fast as you feel comfortable.. a young person with perephial vision is safer going 90mph than some senior citizens going 20 mph..

4. and in todays Bizarro world.. free to pay a farmer for some Raw milk.. this one PROVES that Law Enforcement is the enemy of a free people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If those Officers were even close to Patriotic they would have said "Seriously, you want us to load up, arm up, and raid a what?? what A-hole came up with this idea??.. and then hunt them down and beat them like a homeless war veteran, taze the crap out of them while hadcuffed, and then Brand their forehead with a "Traitor of the Republic" tatoo and BANISH THEM from our lands..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Coming at this discussion from another angle is a good idea. The tension with
the Founding Fathers is legendary, I was reading a book yesterday that said "Jefferson
railed against slavery all his life. Maybe we'd take that more seriously if he hadn't been
one of the largest slaveowners in the colonies." Or words to that affect.

America is a progress, in a way. Its history is ugly and we need to be humble about
that, but I'm also grateful for the opportunities I have been given in this life, and there's
nothing I can do to go back to the past.

For me the key insight is that "rights" don't exist, that no document can make us free, we
have to do it ourselves. Perhaps the vector for spreading the freedom bug might be the
constitution, but I'm not sure. The way I see it, the internet is the key medium. Check this
out:

susansayler.wordpress.com...

The reason the constitution isn't enforced is that most people aren't fighting against injustices,
but that's where we are in the historical moment and I don't think calling them idiots is going to help
anything. I think the key is to figure out how to reach people where they're at and come up
with a way to get people involved.

We're going to need each other, idiots or not, if we're going to beat the 0.01 percent. We'd
all relate more respectfully, I think, if we kept that in mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by soul2soul
For me the key insight is that "rights" don't exist, that no document can make us free, we
have to do it ourselves.

...yep, its just common sense, imo... if someone gives you rights and you accept that deal, they can take those rights away or reduce them even if they are penned as "inalienable"...

<< 1   >>

join